What's new

Fitjar Neroli

Hi All,

I was fortunate enough to be given samples of some of the Fitjar line, by the owner of Pasteur pharmacy here in NYC. He gave me some Neroli SC, Bergneskog SC, Folgefonn SC, Neroli Soap, NYASHA Black preshave soap(interesting), and some gft creams.

I figured since Im fairly new, and gft has been reviewed by more experienced than me, id just review the Fitjar.
Anyway, I didn't want to do anything too different, so I would know if the cream worked for me or not, so I saved using the pre shave soap for another time. I decided to go with the Neroli Cream first, as I was in an, orangey mood.
My setup was my usual EJ DE89 w/ a fresh feather, and I face lathered about an almond size dollop, using my Semogue 620. Perhaps, I should have bowl lathered, but Ive been face lathering
mostly. So here goes. I soaked my brush in warm water, shook it out pretty dry, and spread the almond size dollop over the tips using my fingers, as this was a small sample and not a tub. Usually I just twist my brush in the tub.. I then lightly dipped the tips of the brush in the hot water that filled my sink, and proceeded to face lather. Very little additional water was needed, and it didn't take more than about 10 seconds to get a nice thick, slick, creamy, cushiony lather. The Ej de89 is a very smooth shaver as it is, but this lather was so slick, and cushiony I barely felt the blade, but boy did I hear those whiskers pop. By the 3rd pass I needed just a light dip of the very tips of the brush in the water to keep the consistency going. Also I had more than enough lather out of an almond size dollop, for 5 passes easily. So this stuff is very rich. A little goes a long way. The Neroli (orangey)scent is awesome, and I look forward to using it over the spring and summer. Also, I have very finicky skin when it comes to soaps and creams, and I very often suffer from redness and burning (allergy). Not so with this this stuff. Not a single weeper, no allergic redness, and it left my skin very powdery smooth. I finished off with Bloc Osma Alum, and figured Id stay with the Orange scent of Neroli, and so I used Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic (jury is still out on this one), which is very orangey.Fitjar Neroli SC has instantly made my top 5 soaps and creams that work super great ( for me ) without an allergic reaction. The others being GFT Coconut SC, Cella, L'Occitane Cade soap, TOBS Lavender(inexpensive), and now Fitjar Neroli..of course there are many more, but so far those work best.for my skin. razorock, proraso,and gft rose also have their place for me...Thanks.

Basil

Last edited:
Those two white shave soap samples are actually of decent size for Pasteur's to be giving away. If my eyes don't deceive me you could probably get a minimum of ten shaves from each of them. Officially package sample size creams like the four in boxes also surprise me, if the canisters inside are of appropriate size for each box (and not a thimble-size portion in a larger box) you are probably looking at 6-8 shaves each there. The plastic baggies of Fitjar are probably three shaves or so each. That guy at Pasteur's gave you enough shaving soap/cream for approximately 65 shaves if my computations are correct -- if it were me I would certainly remember him when it comes to pick something to purchase.

Those two white shave soap samples are actually of decent size for Pasteur's to be giving away. If my eyes don't deceive me you could probably get a minimum of ten shaves from each of them. Officially package sample size creams like the four in boxes also surprise me, if the canisters inside are of appropriate size for each box (and not a thimble-size portion in a larger box) you are probably looking at 6-8 shaves each there. The plastic baggies of Fitjar are probably three shaves or so each. That guy at Pasteur's gave you enough shaving soap/cream for approximately 65 shaves if my computations are correct -- if it were me I would certainly remember him when it comes to pick something to purchase.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I agree. I'm actually going to pick up a jar of the Neroli. Great stuff..I need to move on to something else. I have enough soaps and creams that I bought there to last years, if they don't go bad first..View attachment 221429

Try the Sandalwood cream if you can, it's the best I've found.

I also need to try the Norwegian Fern scent at some point...problem is I need to get at least part way through my 4 jars of Fitjar and all my other soaps and creams first...

Try the Sandalwood cream if you can, it's the best I've found.

I also need to try the Norwegian Fern scent at some point...problem is I need to get at least part way through my 4 jars of Fitjar and all my other soaps and creams first...

I have to figure out which scent is which, as they have the norwegian labels / names like folgefonn and bregneskog which I think is the fern. Have to check.

How was the Fitjar Nerloli soap?

The soap is definitely lacking.. The creams are good, but for me, they started causing ingrowns if I use them everyday. I heard creams that user olive oil can do that..otherwise, the.creams.work great if used in, rotation.. Very close shave, and smooth skin

Thanks for the review! I also have a Fitjar sample from the generous people at Pasteurs that I need to try!

The soap is definitely lacking.. The creams are good, but for me, they started causing ingrowns if I use them everyday. I heard creams that user olive oil can do that..otherwise, the.creams.work great if used in, rotation.. Very close shave, and smooth skin

With any thick cream like Fitjar and even some Italian style soft soaps, I find that one needs to take extra care to rinse all the cream off...there can sometimes be residue you can't see. A nice hot rinse before the cold rinse helps. You can always use WH too to clean. Btw, Some guys need to wash with face wash after using any soap/cream otherwise they can get clogged pores. I believe Joe from Italian Barber said he does this. Also, I'd put money on the high coconut oil content being the culprit over the olive oil, which is only a small amount. I've had the problem before with high coconut oil creams when I didn't rinse adequately.

With any thick cream like Fitjar and even some Italian style soft soaps, I find that one needs to take extra care to rinse all the cream off...there can sometimes be residue you can't see. A nice hot rinse before the cold rinse helps. You can always use WH too to clean. Btw, Some guys need to wash with face wash after using any soap/cream otherwise they can get clogged pores. I believe Joe from Italian Barber said he does this. Also, I'd put money on the high coconut oil content being the culprit over the olive oil, which is only a small amount. I've had the problem before with high coconut oil creams when I didn't rinse adequately.

GFT Coconut is my favorite cream. I use it daily for months without issue..

GFT Coconut is my favorite cream. I use it daily for months without issue..

It doesn't have a ton of Coconut Oil in it, read the ingredients. It's a typical Creightons made cream, with Coconut Acid only. The Coconut scent comes from artificial fragrance oil...not the same thing at all as Fitjar or some other heavy/thick creams I've used that have a large amount of Coconut Oil as an actual ingredient for the base cream.

Top Bottom