What's new

First Vintage Gillette

So I ended up buying my first vintage razor today off of ebay I ended up paying 12 dollars for a gillette travel tech since starting de shaving all I have been using is a weishi tto and I was wondering if I made a good purchase any feedback about the tech is appreciated it has a k code on it and if I read the chart right it makes it a 1965

Attachments

• $$_3.jpeg
    $$_3.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 230
  • $$_3-1.jpeg
    $$_3-1.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 229
  • $$_3-2.jpeg
    $$_3-2.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 230
Hello Kcore, congratulations on your first vintage Gillette ! Those old travel Techs have a pretty good cool factor. A lot of people find the handle too short though. I imagine for around what you paid you can find a full size Tech in the future. You might want to try a Gillette Super Speed as well. They are fantastic shavers. Good luck in your searching. Have a great day!

From all the pictures I have looked at the head seems to be original but I'll double check it when I receive it should be here by Friday does anybody know if the maggards handles fit with the tech head? Or what other handles work with the tech head?

You are probably right! I checked up more carefully the images of the Super Gillette Blue and it looks like it should have a rectangle around the Gillette logo. I did remember wrong what it looked like.

The reason I got suspicious was the slight difference in color between the cap and the rest. Also the plating is not completely smooth, exactly in the same way as the Chinese version.

Anyway, the lack of the rectangle shows it is probably original.

I also have picked up a travel Tech over the weekend. Mine was in a guy's fishing tackle box, and unused from the look of it. Has an aluminum handle with more of a diamond pattern, and the same exact head logo.
Will probably attach this to a longer stainless or plated handle for everyday use...
Very cool, I think.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
That is a fun razor, but it's true that the very short handle can turn some folks off. I've collected a number of travel sets because I love the ingenuity that goes into them, but I rarely want to shave with the razors. Heck, if you like it, you like it.

The head should fit fine on Maggard's handles. As pointed out, a regular sort of Tech also doesn't cost much at all.

Ya I can feel the RAD bug wanting to hit me but at the moments my wallet being empty is pretty good medicine for the moment for RAD ill probably get a handle to use with the tech head but more than likely my next razor will hopefully be a gillette slim or fat boy but I'm hoping to try to find one in good condition so it will probably be a while before I save up enough for one oh well a man can dream

Well the RAD bug has hit me again and I ended up picking up a gillette slim for about 26 dollars the condition in the pictures looks ok but I'll post some pictures once I receive it hopefully this will be the last razor purchase for a while but who can say haha

So I finally got the gillette slim that I ordered and was able to give it a couple of shaves in with it first shave I set it to 5 and it went ok nothing really special compared to the tech tonight I set it to 7 and wow what a difference that made took down two days of growth like it was nothing pair the slim with a 7 o'clock yellow and it really worked for me here is a picture of the slim$20150827_220017.jpg

Top Bottom