What's new

First time using lab blue

Holy cow...these are the most sharpest blades i think ive tried imo sharper than a feather and with scolding hot water oh so smooth...ill give you americans one thing you can make a good blade! These are now my no1 blade

Attachments

• 73E22652-6ECE-46A7-B2D3-C5CFCD576051.jpeg
    73E22652-6ECE-46A7-B2D3-C5CFCD576051.jpeg
    728.4 KB · Views: 19
Holy cow...these are the most sharpest blades i think ive tried imo sharper than a feather and with scolding hot water oh so smooth...ill give you americans one thing you can make a good blade! These are now my no1 blade
Been using these for a while. They are sharp, but also very smooth.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Now try the Israeli reds
I have these Israeli made blades. Members have mentioned that these are the same blades as the ones that come in the red wrapper.
These blades are very smooth, but lacks sharpness. Nowhere near the Lab Blue in terms of sharpness.
These blades only work for me in my Parker Variant Adjustable on higher setting. They are very tuggy when paired with my Edwin Jagger DE89 and Merkur 34C. Not at all efficient. I have to go over areas multiple times to get a close shave. I think these blades do well in more aggressive razors though.
proxy.php

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have these Israeli made blades. Members have mentioned that these are the same blades as the ones that come in the red wrapper.
These blades are very smooth, but lacks sharpness. Nowhere near the Lab Blue in terms of sharpness.
These blades only work for me in my Parker Variant Adjustable on higher setting. They are very tuggy when paired with my Edwin Jagger DE89 and Merkur 34C. Not at all efficient. I have to go over areas multiple times to get a close shave. I think these blades do well in more aggressive razors though.
proxy.php

there are a few threads on this topic but i think the reds are different from that blue

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Love the med prep blades, my favourite blade when I fancy a treat. They are sharp and smooth and last for 6 or 7 shaves
10-personna-prep-usa-blades__82082__73134.1375572102.190.250.jpg

The German Personna platinums are my go-to blade and although they do not last as long they are similarly sharp and smooth
personna-platinum-razor-blades-germany__00435.1584397023.190.250.jpg

Finally I tried the comfort coated blades and I have to ask why they are neither as sharp or as smooth as the other Personna blades they leave me uncomfortable with weepers
personna-comfort-coated-blades__70998.1495373139.190.250.jpg

Is there a way to buy lab blues in a tuck? I hate to buy a hundred and then find I hate them.
No. The picture Mike M posted at the bottom say comfort coated but they aren't the same as the lab blues. They are barber blades and many have said they are definitely not the same.
Where do you live? I have like 1000 lab blues, but they are the older ones in the blue box.
But I can send you a couple on a piece of paper in the mail if you live in the US. Can even throw in some med preps to try too.
16007333693137714211487663638011.jpg

I wonder if the box art change was just that. I wonder if they changed the blades
I have far too many of the old style with blue box to buy another 100 just to try lol

Love the med prep blades, my favourite blade when I fancy a treat. They are sharp and smooth and last for 6 or 7 shaves
View attachment 1158203
The German Personna platinums are my go-to blade and although they do not last as long they are similarly sharp and smooth
View attachment 1158205
Finally I tried the comfort coated blades and I have to ask why they are neither as sharp or as smooth as the other Personna blades they leave me uncomfortable with weepers
View attachment 1158206
Have you tried the Israeli red personnas? The german ones you are using are supposed to be the same blade but made on different machines in Germany
Box looks the same now for UK market but doesn't say made in Germany.
P.s. the bottom picture are not the lab blues. They are the personna barber blades. Not the same.
Same offer applies to you if you live in US I can send you some of the labs to try.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200920-081022__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200920-081022__01.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 4
Ugh now I have to buy a box of those to see if anything changed. Haha.
Glad you enjoyed them. They are very well regarded here.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Have you tried the Israeli red personnas? The german ones you are using are supposed to be the same blade but made on different machines in Germany
Box looks the same now for UK market but doesn't say made in Germany.
P.s. the bottom picture are not the lab blues. They are the personna barber blades. Not the same.
Same offer applies to you if you live in US I can send you some of the labs to try.
No I haven't tried them, but after reading this thread I will have to track some down

They aren't hard to find. Besides the crystal blue Israeli personna the only other personna they make were the "red" IP. Named for the red blade wrappers they had a long time ago.
They have ones made in Germany that are supposed to be the same but just made in Germany. I only tried the red one.
White uk plastic blade box with personna on it with a red line.

Rest of world version (notice red pack, used to have matching wrappers, been white for a long time now:
Screenshot_20200922-041000.jpg

Uk package version:
Screenshot_20200922-041026.jpg

This is the uk version box they come in:
Screenshot_20200922-041039.jpg

Top Bottom