What's new

First Tabac Shave

I've read nothing but glowing reviews about this product, but held out for a while since I already own too many soaps and creams (about 30). But, saw Tabac the other day for a very good price, and gave in.

WOW. I am pretty sure this is the best soap I've ever used. It is quick to lather, and thick and luxurious. The shave was amazingly close and comfortable. Very impressive. To date, if I had a "Desert Island" soap, this would be it.

I know some LOVE the scent. I don't. I like it, but it isn't my favorite. But pleasant, nonetheless.

So, to anyone who hasn't tried it... you simply must.

the only thing i used that is better then tabac is Aqua di parma, and only by a slight margin, considering you can but 3-4 tubs of tabac for one of aqua di parma, i think tabac is one of the best overall soaps,

the only thing i used that is better then tabac is Aqua di parma, and only by a slight margin, considering you can but 3-4 tubs of tabac for one of aqua di parma, i think tabac is one of the best overall soaps,

ADP makes a soap? Didn't know. Or, did you mean the cream? I almost bought it once at a C.O. Bigelow, but, wow, $55. I assumed it was more of a gimmick based on a name, rather than a cream that is a high performer. Now you've got me curious. Ugh. I guess I will have to add that back to my "To Try" list.

WOW. I am pretty sure this is the best soap I've ever used. It is quick to lather, and thick and luxurious. The shave was amazingly close and comfortable. Very impressive. To date, if I had a "Desert Island" soap, this would be it.

Many, including me, find the scent much less desirable in warm weather. Without even thinking about it, I found myself not using it at all after March, even though it was right there on the counter, until very recently.

+1 It's a great soap, so I wasn't too bothered that I didn't like the scent that much, but I think it's growing on me as well :smile:
+1 I was not a fan of the scent but it has grown on me since I started using it. The performance with this soap has been outstanding.

I haven't been able to make a crack in my rotation to work this one in. Guess I'll have to.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Ken

Due to all of this talk I'll break mine out this evening.

Tabac is truly the "slipperiest best latherer" I own...and I absolutely love the scent.

I really like the scent; call me weird. More over, I like how the loose-fitting lid makes it so that when I open my medicine cabinet, I get a whiff of barbershop.

Not weird at all. Some like it, some don't.

I love it!!!!!

My aunt brought me a bottle of Tabac After Shave back from Germany when I was 10 or 11. I've loved the stuff ever since.

And after discovering the proper way to shave, and after getting a hold of Tabac soap...all is well with my morning bathroom time. :biggrin:

After reading all these positive reviews I too finally got some and tried it for the first time yesterday, while it was very easy to lather and made great lather the scent at this point I could take or leave but two things that really impressed me how little I used and got enough for a several pass shave easily, it will last a year no problem at all. But the nicest thing for me anyhow is my neck and face have been starting to get some irritation I think from trying different shave soaps and some may have had fragrance oils in them the Tabac actually seemed to calm my skin down considerably so it may just end up being my go to soap. Thanks to all who recommended it.:thumbup1:

Due to all of this talk I'll break mine out this evening.

Tabac is truly the "slipperiest best latherer" I own...and I absolutely love the scent.

I thought I was the only one. I agree with Joel when he says the lather's almost a solid, and is insanely slick. Some of the slipperiest stuff I've ever shaved with. Don't accidentally get some on the floor under your feet :lol:

Broke mine out, as well. Well, it didn't need to be broken out, Tabac has remained a staple of my rotation since the beginning.

garfinkel, I've been wetshaving for a little over 6 months now and Tabac is STILL one of the (possibly THE) best soaps I've used.

Inspired SOTD:

Tabac bath soap :-D
Merkur Slant w/ Feather
C&E BBB
TABAC SS
Tabac AS splash
Tabac cologne
Tabac deodorant :)

ALL are outstanding products.

C

Ceilteach

I just used Tabac for the first time, last evening. I agree, about all that can be said is WOW. What a great soap.

Top Bottom