What's new

first straight just showed up.

Well, I couldn't bring myself to buy a sight unseen for my first, even as practical as they are. I did some research on what to look for and

what to avoid, and rolled the dice on a Henckels & Hammesfahr on eBay for $32. The pictures were pretty blurry, so I have been a bit anxious to see it in person.

Well, I am blown away. It is in much better shape than i was expecting.

Now I just need to have it honed. who do you gents recommend sending it to for honing?

And this poat wouldnt be complete without a picture

proxy.php

Last edited:
I can't help you with the dating, but I'm sure someone around here can. As far as the honing goes, there are a number of hobbyists around the site that are considered to be among the best in the business, and you couldn't go wrong with one of them.

I think there is a wiki entry with the honers or a sticky somewhere..

I'll be happy to hone it for you. Just pay for return postage. Pm me if you want

I'll be happy to hone it for you. Just pay for return postage. Pm me if you want
I literally just got my razor back from using this exact offer. Great experience, razor came back absolutely shave ready and Jon was a pleasure to deal with. Would highly recommend.

That is a very generous offer. Im going to practice stropping a bit while it is a little dull to minimize the chance that I cut the beautiful leather on the strops I purchased from Star Shaving.

I am sure you will be hearing from me soon.

Started a quick polish on the handle. Havent done the collar yet. One day ill do the full sand and polish.

proxy.php

Top Bottom