What's new

First steel razor - Muhle Rocca R94 or Razorock ?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have the RR GC84-P, GC84-OC, JAWS, Lupo 72SB, 95SB, Mühle R95 V4.

All of these are excellent razors.

Between the Lupos, I'd choose the 95SB. But my favorite RazoRock is the GC84-P. Easily a daily driver capable of delivering consistently excellent results.

The Mühle R95 is also an excellent razor, but I just don't find myself reaching for it that often.

These threads may be of interest:

Thread 'Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD)' Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/comparison-of-de-razors-in-my-den-from-75-to-125-usd.600310/

Thread 'Comparison: Mühle Rocca R95 V4 and Rex Envoy' Comparison: Mühle Rocca R95 V4 and Rex Envoy - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/comparison-muehle-rocca-r95-v4-and-rex-envoy.616845/

Hope this helps. :)

Since my initial response I've added the RazoRock "Lupo .95 SB" to my modest stable of razors. My opinion of the GC 84-P hasn't changed, it provides a great shave.

The Lupo .95 is the most "Aggressive" and "Efficient" razor I've ever owned. Where my GC 84-P and GC 68-P are both 'daily drivers', the Lupo is more of an every other day or longer razor, for me. However, I'm still in the 'discovery phase' with the Lupo.

b/r

ON_1

Thank you all for the feedback. It looks like Razorock don’t ship to the UK anymore and only a few retailers over here sell it but with limited model options. For this reason I’ll probably go with the Rocca.

For those of you with a Rocca can you confirm if the handle is a one piece construction?

As always thanks for your help 👍

Thank you all for the feedback. It looks like Razorock don’t ship to the UK anymore and only a few retailers over here sell it but with limited model options. For this reason I’ll probably go with the Rocca.

For those of you with a Rocca can you confirm if the handle is a one piece construction?

Yes it’s a one piece hollow handle

I don't see anything about this on the italianbarber website.

ItalianBarber shipping
We definitely offer international shipping. Please contact us at [email protected] or though our contact us page for a personalized quote.

I don't see anything about this on the italianbarber website.

ItalianBarber shipping
I recently emailed them to ask the question and this was the reply:

Unfortunately, as of January 1, 2021, we can no longer ship small parcels to the UK.
The UK government has changed the rules and requires any businesses shipping to the UK to first register with them, then collect the VAT and remit to them. It is very hard for a small business like ours to participate in this system because it creates a ton of foreign accounting. The good news is that we have many retailers in the UK and Europe and even if they don't have a product in stock, you can always email them and express your interest and they will order it for you.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
The good news is that we have many retailers in the UK and Europe and even if they don't have a product in stock, you can always email them and express your interest and they will order it for you.
Rasoigoodfellas.eu for example.
I regret the consequences of Brexit, it was often easier for me to get US razors from the UK than ordering them directly, but well, there we are. Also ordering minor items from the UK is now a major PITA in most cases.

If you want to stay British, you can get Edwin Jagger 3ONE6, it's basically a Rocca.

I have he Lupo 58, 72 and 95 along with the Gamechange 84p and 84oc and would suggest the Lupo 95 or Gamechanger 84p. The posts being reversed on the Gamechange is a non-issue and the Gamechanger can get under the nose just as good as the Lupo.

I'd avoid the Lupo 58 and 72 as they are more irritating than the Lupo 95 but provide a worse shave.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a couple razors from Executive Shaving Company in Scotland. I bought a lot of stuff from them early on. I have some very nice soaps but I think the most luxurious lather I’ve used to date is the Acca Kappa Barbershop.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have the RR GC.84 SB(tame mid range) and the RR Lupo.72 SB(mid range) and it depends on what a person needs in his shaving routine. I'm a Daily shaver the RR GC .84 is very good as a daily driver for some folks and if you want more blade feel you can put in a extra wide Kai SS blade.
If you shave every other day or more days intermittent the RR Lupo is a better choice IMO. My favorite razor of the 2 is the lupo.72 because I use a different razor every day because of my large razor rotation. I did use my Lupo .72 for 7 consecutive days as a daily driver and by the 7th day I needed a change up of razors, it can be a daily driver for some folks.
The RR GC .84 per cost is the best choice also for $55 US, you can not beat that unless you buy something from China or ........
The RR Lupo.72 or .95 is a better designed razor than the RR GC.84 IMO and will give a person lots of enjoyable shaving for many years.
Tough to make a decision on what is best for your shaving needs sometimes but Italian barber line of Razorock Stainless steel razors are some of the best the world has seen and used has been my experience and my limited research I have done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom