What's new

First Shick injector type E

I got this razor at an antique store earlier this week. It seemed to be in good shape, the razor head still had the copper plug in it, so maybe it hasn't been used. I have not had the chance to use it yet and I had a few questions.

1) The brass blade injector seems to have all 20 blades in it, if the blades are removed they can't be put back in, right?

2) Was the blade injector considered disposable, or was there a cartridge to slide in once all 20 blades were used?

I am looking forward to shaving with this razor as soon as I can get my hands on some blades.

Thank You,
Chad

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...sid=4CB2850F4556A846!289&authkey=C13ZZBQ085k$

P.S. There are also some pics of my Star 1912 which was the razor I was looking for but couldn't pass up the injector.

Last edited:
1) The brass blade injector seems to have all 20 blades in it, if the blades are removed they can't be put back in, right?

With great care, the Injector bank can be reloaded by means of a pair of Needle-nose pliers, and a flat tip screwdriver (you use the screwdriver to depress the spring, while simultaneously sliding in the blade).

2) Was the blade injector considered disposable, or was there a cartridge to slide in once all 20 blades were used?

The injector bank was disposable. You got a new one each time you bought blades; however some of the modern day injector banks are made of plastic, and are of very poor quality. Thus you might want to hold onto a few metal injector banks for reloading.

I am looking forward to shaving with this razor as soon as I can get my hands on some blades.

Injectors give wonderful, close, comfortable shaves with no fuss. You are in for a great experience!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The injector blade dispensers were disposable, but you could reload them if you had a source of loose blades. Although awkward to do, you can depress the top blade or follower with a small screw driver or other device and slide a new blade into the dispenser. You run a risk of ruining the blade if you drag the cutting edge against anything. Your vintage blades, despite looking pristine , may not give you the best shave. Currently available Chinese Schick blades are very good. If you do use the vintage blades and your shave is less than satisfactory, be sure to try new ones, Injectors are wonderful shavers.

Congratulations on picking up two of the best razors ever made! When I use my injectors I remove the blade, dry it and then put it back in the dispenser so I can load it into a different razor. I've done it so many times I've become quite proficient at it.

Great shavers. Go over to Amazon and get yourself some Chinese Schick blades for that thing and enjoy some great shaves.

All you need to reload a dispenser is something to push the spring down with (ie, tweezers, screwdriver, qtip, whatever) and a steady eye/hand.
Takes a couple practice runs to get it right but then it becomes second nature.

Thanks Gents! There is so much knowledge on this board, thanks for helping me out. So now I am off to Amazon to get some blades.
Chad

Top Bottom