What's new

First Shave With Semogue 1438

I finally tested out my new Semogue 1438 brush with Haslinger Honig soap and am pleasantly surprised. After reading about how scrubby it was supposed to be, I found it to be softer than my VDH Pure Badger. It's slightly pricklier than my Vulfix 2234 super badger. I soaked it for 3 minutes and got decent lather. It seemed a take little bit of time. I expect that will change once its broken in. I snuck a lather from my dad's 1460 and it was instantaneous. What I've learned is if you really like the handle and the dimensions, go for it. Especially if it's a boar brush.

I finally tested out my new Semogue 1438 brush with Haslinger Honig soap and am pleasantly surprised. After reading about how scrubby it was supposed to be, I found it to be softer than my VDH Pure Badger. It's slightly pricklier than my Vulfix 2234 super badger. I soaked it for 3 minutes and got decent lather. It seemed a take little bit of time. I expect that will change once its broken in. I snuck a lather from my dad's 1460 and it was instantaneous. What I've learned is if you really like the handle and the dimensions, go for it. Especially if it's a boar brush.

good for you!! Glad you are enjoying your new brush! Happy for you.

You'll like that one, especially when it gets broken in.
+1, it softens up really nicely, I love my 1438 even though it's not as dense as some other brushes. Be careful with the handle as the paint can start to chip and peel.

1438 is one of my favorite Semogue brushes. It's just a shame that paint on the handle starts to crack so easily even when you are careful with the brush.

The 1438 is my favorite brush by far. I love everything about it.
About the paint chipping/peeling - I've had mine for almost two years and the paint job still looks brand new, despite recently taking an accidental flight across the bathroom while shaking the thing dry.

The bottom of my 1438 has a small hole in the paint and a tiny rough spot below the ring. I have my fingers crossed, but maybe this is the source of some members' brushes peeling. Besides the brush-dropping.

On the second shave, the tips feel softer. They're as prickly or less so than my super badger. Having a good start with my boar.

Top Bottom