What's new

First shave with my new Timeless Bronze SB ----- Holy Cow !

Doing nothing, just allowing it to age on the counter - it seems to be developing an almost iridescent sheen, and I look forward to seeing it develop! I suspect I could easily reverse it with copper/bronze polish, but I really like the "character" it's showing. On this razor, "bright" and "aged" both look beautiful IMO, but I favor the no-maintenance approach - and the 3,000 year-old bronze implements I have seen and held seem to have weathered pretty well...:001_smile

:a14::a14::a14::a14::a14:

Doing nothing, just allowing it to age on the counter - it seems to be developing an almost iridescent sheen, and I look forward to seeing it develop! I suspect I could easily reverse it with copper/bronze polish, but I really like the "character" it's showing. On this razor, "bright" and "aged" both look beautiful IMO, but I favor the no-maintenance approach - and the 3,000 year-old bronze implements I have seen and held seem to have weathered pretty well...:001_smile
gollum.jpg Precious, my precious. Mustn't touch my precious :)

I enjoy looking at the patina on old silver coins!

CONGRATULATIONS!! Lovely razor!! :a29:

Spoken as another guy who prefers to combine a ‘mild/moderate’ razor with a sharp blade.

The Timeless bronze is definitely a beauty.
If I´m correct, its design holds the blade in a very rigid fashion...
Congratulations!
And, if I'm correct, the bronze in addition has more blade exposure although it has less gap. seems I read this someplace.
I have a bronze .38, a stainless .68. and a Ti .68, all with smooth combs. They all give me similar shaves &, FOR ME,
they all are a little aggressive.
Ron I

And, if I'm correct, the bronze in addition has more blade exposure although it has less gap. seems I read this someplace.
I have a bronze .38, a stainless .68. and a Ti .68, all with smooth combs. They all give me similar shaves &, FOR ME,
they all are a little aggressive.
Ron I

That's my Timeless inventory as well, and I agree - aggressive in a good way. As a comparison, R41, for me, aggressive in a not-good way....

CONGRATULATIONS!! Lovely razor!! :a29:

Spoken as another guy who prefers to combine a ‘mild/moderate’ razor with a sharp blade.

Thanks a lot BigJ !! We agree ---- a mild/moderate razor with a sharp blade --- Way to go !!

Hey, Adam. I am not snickering. It was almost a toss of the coin that I went ATT instead of Timeless, so I appreciate the precision, modern razor ideal. Congratulations and many happy shaves to come!

M

member 119848

I have a bronze .38, a stainless .68. and a Ti .68, all with smooth combs.
Ron I
Hello Ron, may I ask you, do you get more blade feel with the bronze .38 than with the .68?
I´m interested, because I used to own a .68 and a .95 and I wished they had a bit more blade feel. I do prefer blade exposure over blade gap (that´s my taste). Therefore the Timeless bronze might be a good candidate for a futur razor of mine.

Hello Ron, may I ask you, do you get more blade feel with the bronze .38 than with the .68?
I´m interested, because I used to own a .68 and a .95 and I wished they had a bit more blade feel. I do prefer blade exposure over blade gap (that´s my taste). Therefore the Timeless bronze might be a good candidate for a futur razor of mine.
I get just as much. It is my understanding that the bronze opencomb is the ultimate in this regard, but I havent tried it. From comments I get the feeding that the .095 gaps shave smoother & with less aggression than the .068's. Is that possible? The .068's are a litte rough FOR ME. Thanks fo ran answer. I wish I could shave daily with my Timelesses. Best regards, Ron

I favor a mild razor in all iterations - the ATT M2 is about as aggressive as I ever want to get. The .038 Bronze to me is a perfect blend of beard removal and the edge of irritation, but easy to control. My .068 Ti and SS are similar, I suspect because of head configuration, but angle adjustments (to me) for the Bronze are finer because of the flat bar - you can get more blade feel with the Bronze, but normally I prefer glide to grab.

M

member 119848

I get just as much. It is my understanding that the bronze opencomb is the ultimate in this regard, but I havent tried it. From comments I get the feeding that the .095 gaps shave smoother & with less aggression than the .068's. Is that possible? The .068's are a litte rough FOR ME. Thanks fo ran answer. I wish I could shave daily with my Timelesses. Best regards, Ron
Thank you for your feedback, Ron. From person to person the perception of a razor is often felt differently.
When I used to have both Timeless base-plates, the .68 felt significantly milder than the .95.
The .68 seems to me perfect for daily shaving. From what you say, it seems that a milder razor would suit you better.

View attachment 935832

Okay Gents ..... I just enjoyed my first shave with my beautiful new Timeless Bronze SB.
Now, I am not normally impressed by exaggeration or superlative hyperbole, but I must
admit, in all honesty, that it was one of the best shaves I have ever had -----
Yaqi Chianti 24 mm. brush, face lathered with Stirling Barbershop soap, and a fresh new
Feather loaded into the Bronze. Holy Cow ! Absolute perfection ! Two and a half passes
of pure shaving delight ! Osma alum block, finished off (after a cool water rinse) with
Stirling Barbershop AS splash, and a few minutes later with Stirling Barbershop balm.
Ahhhhh, my dear friends ..... Life is good ! Yes, I know, you doubting pundits are
probably snickering and thinking that it's only the excitement of my new razor that's
causing my fantastic thoughts. Perhaps, ..... but if the next few shaves are as delightful
as this one was, I may very well want to "PIF" my other razors to the B&B world.

Go ahead and start the PIF. Your shaves with the Bronze will only get better as you dial in the correct angle.

M

member 119848

The .068's are a litte rough FOR ME. Thanks fo ran answer. I wish I could shave daily with my Timelesses.
...or may be you check the angle. Perhaps you are riding the guard too much.
When I first got the Timeless, I got twice razor burn (with the .68). Try to ride the cap a little bit.

I can't seem to let mine patina. I love the shiny look of the razor when it first arrived. I have to admit that mine begins to patina very fast. I can see it getting darker in about a week. Just last night, I took mine apart and use some Never Dull wadding and a microfiber to clean it up.

View attachment 935832

Okay Gents ..... I just enjoyed my first shave with my beautiful new Timeless Bronze SB.
Now, I am not normally impressed by exaggeration or superlative hyperbole, but I must
admit, in all honesty, that it was one of the best shaves I have ever had -----
Yaqi Chianti 24 mm. brush, face lathered with Stirling Barbershop soap, and a fresh new
Feather loaded into the Bronze. Holy Cow ! Absolute perfection ! Two and a half passes
of pure shaving delight ! Osma alum block, finished off (after a cool water rinse) with
Stirling Barbershop AS splash, and a few minutes later with Stirling Barbershop balm.
Ahhhhh, my dear friends ..... Life is good ! Yes, I know, you doubting pundits are
probably snickering and thinking that it's only the excitement of my new razor that's
causing my fantastic thoughts. Perhaps, ..... but if the next few shaves are as delightful
as this one was, I may very well want to "PIF" my other razors to the B&B world.

Congrats. I used mine this morning.....great razor and great shave. Love the weight of this razor. It just glides through the stubble. I have to be careful what blade I use as some leave my face with a little razor burn while others deliver a great, irritation free shave.

I can't seem to let mine patina. I love the shiny look of the razor when it first arrived. I have to admit that mine begins to patina very fast. I can see it getting darker in about a week. Just last night, I took mine apart and use some Never Dull wadding and a microfiber to clean it up.

You can slow down the process with Renaissance Wax - I actually use it on all my razors.

Top Bottom