What's new

First shave with my new Timeless Bronze SB ----- Holy Cow !

Congrats. I used mine this morning.....great razor and great shave. Love the weight of this razor. It just glides through the stubble. I have to be careful what blade I use as some leave my face with a little razor burn while others deliver a great, irritation free shave.

Thanks a lot.
What blade works best for you in the Timeless Bronze ?
So far, I've only used the Feather (three shaves) and it seems pretty perfect !
As a comparison, I prefer the Israeli Red Personna in my Elite Merkur 34C, and
the Gillette Nacet in my Rockwell 6C (plate 4.)

Thanks a lot.
What blade works best for you in the Timeless Bronze ?
So far, I've only used the Feather (three shaves) and it seems pretty perfect !
As a comparison, I prefer the Israeli Red Personna in my Elite Merkur 34C, and
the Gillette Nacet in my Rockwell 6C (plate 4.)

So far I prefer Nacet, Personna Blue, and Astra the best in the Bronze. I'll have to try a Feather and see how I like it.

I'd used and enjoyed the .95 open comb in stainless for about a year before I ordered the .78 open comb in bronze last month. I was suspicious that a smaller blade gap could give me a close enough shave.

I spent last week in Palm Springs, and the bronze open comb was the only razor I brought, mostly because I had enjoyed it at home for the few shaves I'd had, but didn't really know it. Based on several shaves in a row with the bronze beauty, it's climbed a great deal in my pantheon of "efficient" razors. If I focus on the angle, it can give me a shave as close as most of my others.

As all y'all get comfortable with the milder version of the magnificent bronze razor, you may want to consider the open comb as well...

Four shaves already with my new Timeless Bronze, all with the same Feather blade.
(That's been my usual run with a Feather --- four shaves, then good-bye.)
Each shave has been wonderful --- smooth, easy, super comfortable, efficient, and a feeling
of "cruise control" as I achieve a two and half pass BBS result.
The weight and balance of the Bronze is pretty darn perfect and it feels "just right."
No worries about head angle, blade gap, blade exposure, cap position, etc., etc., etc.
Just simply enjoying each and every stroke, whether WTG, XTG, or ATG. Truly, a sublime shave !

Four shaves already with my new Timeless Bronze, all with the same Feather blade.
(That's been my usual run with a Feather --- four shaves, then good-bye.)
Each shave has been wonderful --- smooth, easy, super comfortable, efficient, and a feeling
of "cruise control" as I achieve a two and half pass BBS result.
The weight and balance of the Bronze is pretty darn perfect and it feels "just right."
No worries about head angle, blade gap, blade exposure, cap position, etc., etc., etc.
Just simply enjoying each and every stroke, whether WTG, XTG, or ATG. Truly, a sublime shave !

@Adam18 Congrats on your .38 Bronze. I know you'll be happy shaving with your Timeless for quite some time to come...

And, if I'm correct, the bronze in addition has more blade exposure although it has less gap. seems I read this someplace.
I have a bronze .38, a stainless .68. and a Ti .68, all with smooth combs. They all give me similar shaves &, FOR ME,
they all are a little aggressive.
Ron I
This is what I have taken from threads in the past is that the .38 Bronze has more blade feel and shaves very similar to the .68 Stainless. The .78 Bronze has even more blade feel and the majority of what I've read is its even more aggressive than the .95 in either SS or Titanium.
Therefore the Timeless bronze might be a good candidate for a futur razor of mine.
Sounds like the .78 Bronze might be the one for you.
When I used to have both Timeless base-plates, the .68 felt significantly milder than the .95.
I originally purchased my Titanium with both, .68 and .95, SB base plates and quickly sold the .68 plate as it just wasn't as efficient as the .95 was for me. I could see the .68 being a daily shaver for most but I only shave every other day and since I started using the .95 I can even get away with 3 days growth on occasion... Not often but once in a great while...

Just curious, how does the bronze plate look with the SS cap? I'm thinking of just snagging s 38 bronze plate to go with my SS 95. Photo anyone?

M

member 119848

Sounds like the .78 Bronze might be the one for you.
That would definitely be the .78 bronze plate!
I´m thinking of pairing this bronze plate with a titanium cap + handle. The reason being to reduce the weight to my liking.The esthetics of this setup may look weird... or classy may be...

Here you go Brian ..... Enjoy ! These are hi-resolution images taken with
my Nikon DX 85 mm. micro lens. Click on the bold arrow to view each image.

Attachments

• DSC_1663.JPG
    10.7 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC_1665.JPG
    10.9 MB · Views: 21
  • DSC_1670.JPG
    11.3 MB · Views: 21
  • DSC_1672.JPG
    9.7 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC_1673.JPG
    12.6 MB · Views: 19
  • DSC_1676.JPG
    10.7 MB · Views: 18

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I love my Bronze. It was recommended to me that I try a polsilver in mine. I previously didn’t like that blade, but had a random tuck on hand. Tried it. Loved it! Now I am working my way through a hundred pack of polsilvers. Great blade in this razor.

I also picked up a 68 scalloped SS baseplate to use with my bronze cap and handle. It works well, but I find the bronze to be quite a bit smoother with the same efficiency.

Top Bottom