What's new

First shave with my new g bar.

Other than my pal adjustable injectors I've never used a se until today. It was pretty easy. Got a very good shave that I enjoyed a lot. Used new Persona stainless blade that came in yesterday. Looks like I'll be on the hunt for a couple more. I see an ocmm and a bullet tip in my future. Amazing what a steal these are compared to de razors.

G bars are very user friendly , great shaves from the get go. Very futuristic looking for the time they were made.

I only have four Gem SEs. In honor of the Gemini season, I shaved with all four one after the other (all with the same blade, a Blue Star carbon steel one). I started with the Featherweight, which is heavier than the Gbar, followed with the Gbar, then a Micromatic Clog Pruf, and finished with a 1912. Of the four, I got the best shave from the oldest one, the next best from the Gbar, and a tie for either third, or "last" place by the Featherweight and Clog-Pruf.

None gave me a "poor" or even "average" shave. All gave me a decently good shave, and the differences in quality as easily could have been due to other factors. At the time, I blamed my several months of frugal shaving, using brushless cream style shaves because of having to buy distilled water during our local drought (during which time I used my most efficient razors, the Schick Injectors).

Just hung up my G bar after a two plus week of use. Treet carbon or GEM stainless both work pretty well. Along with the Shovel head and bullet tip fylying wing great shaves from all. Used the Cobra today. First time in months.

The GEM G-Bar and the Featherweight both provide great shaves once the learning curve for blade angle accomplished.
Always in my rotation....

Top Bottom