What's new

First Shave with My Ever-Ready 1912

I Think it's a 1912 ? Any way SUPER First Shave.
Angle was not a issue felt quite comfortable in the hand.
Got a BBS 3 Pass with clean up. Defiantly Staying in my Rotation.
( I could easily fall in LOVE with this Razor ) :thumbup:
View attachment 677427

It's actually an Ever-Ready 1914, sometimes referred to as the "little lather catcher" (although it isn't really a lather catcher).

Yours is an early model, as evidenced by the "Patent Pending" on the lower back side. Later models say "Patented March 24/14" hence the name.

Being an early model, the blade stops are quite small, Make certain that the blade is securely behind the stops when loading a blade. Later models have larger hooked stops.

The 1914 is indeed an excellent shaver, leaning toward the aggressive side, but still smooth. It's generally considered somewhat more aggressive than the 1912.

Yours appears to be in excellent condition - congratulations, and welcome to the wonderful world of SE shaving. :thumbup:

--Bob

Last edited:
It's actually an Ever-Ready 1914, sometimes referred to as the "little lather catcher" (although it isn't really a lather catcher).

Yours is an early model, as evidenced by the "Patent Pending" on the lower back side. Later models say "Patented March 24/14" hence the name.

Being an early model, the blade stops are quite small, Make certain that the blade is securely behind the stops when loading a blade. Later models have larger hooked stops.

The 1914 is indeed an excellent shaver, leaning toward the aggressive side, but still smooth. It's generally considered somewhat more aggressive than the 1912.

Yours appears to be in excellent condition - congratulations, and welcome to the wonderful world of SE shaving. :thumbup:

--Bob

Thank you. All very Good info.

Top Bottom