What's new

First Shave with Feather AS-D2 and Feather blade

Okay guys, so got up this morning excited for my first shave with the Feather AS-D2. Decided to go all out and use a Feather blade! Did my usual Shower, and pre-shave glycerin soap before mixing up a beautiful, thick, slick batch of TOBS Jermyn Street Shaving Cream. Re-hydrated my face with warm water and a little bit of Glycerine. I'm still a little apprehensive of the Feather blade at this point, and want to make sure there are no skips or nicks! Using my Rudy Vey Chubby Badger Brush, I covered my face in lather which I worked into the skin for several minutes, then put the blade to skin. "Here goes!" I thought.......... Oh my Gosh - it was incredible!!! It was like shaving Nirvana! The blade literally sang as it cut my beard WTG,XTG and finally ATG.

Yep, you heard me - against the grain with a Feather - Unheard of in my book without the Battle of Blood River being re-enacted! I thought "is this for real?" I've never had a more comfortable shave with a blade so sharp - absolutely zero razor burn, unlike my previous experience with a Feather Blade and the Merkur Futur when first starting out! :001_tt1::001_wub: This could really spoil me! I can see why it gets reached for so often in people's rotation.

Somehow this amazing creation from Japan tames those wicked sharp Tiger-like blades into sweet Lion cubs! :confused1 I don't know how, but it does and it is a marriage of razor and blade in perfection!!! The looks of the razor are stellar and the machining is incredible - every detail is attended to in true Japanese fashion. They even cover up the sides of the blade - very nice touch. There is no way for the blade to get uneven when you install it! The balanced handle is longer which I love and the functional knurling gives you great grip. Easy to control, light on the skin yet sharp, and works like a hot knife cutting butter - seriously!

I'm absolutely thrilled with this purchase - it may temper my RAD for awhile I pray!!! :drool:

Congrats! AS-D1 with Feather blade is my go-to DE and blade combo. I hope you enjoy yours for a long time to come.
:a14:

Last edited:
I'm absolutely thrilled with this purchase - it may temper my RAD for awhile I pray!!! :drool:

I think you know the reality to that statement already! :001_smile

Glad you enjoyed the shave with the new purchase!!!

Another Feather user here - the first time I used one in my DE89 I knew I wouldn't go back to any of the other dozen blades I'd tried. So sharp and so smooth, they're exactly what a blade should be.

I know the DE89 is a mild razor but for me, it's a perfect combo.

Congrats on shaving nirvana! My feather AS-D1 has completely put my non-vintage RAD to bed, what fine pieces of kit!

Top Bottom