What's new

First shave with a 'Sticky'

Until yesterday I had never even heard of a 'Sticky' but was lucky enough to unwittingly pick one up at a local antique store. See thread here:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=176626

After briefly flirting with the idea of selling or trading it I decided to keep and use it. And tonight I had my first shave with it.

I did not find it as mild as others have, not aggressive but not as mild as a Super Speed. The shave wasn't as close as the shave I get from my British Aristocrats but it was still very close and incredibly smooth without any irritation.

The things that set it apart from most of the razors in my collection are the build quality, unique looks and how it feels in my hand.

It is a beautiful piece of engineering and the tolerances are impeccable. Its build quality is comparable to the British made razors of the 20s, 30s and 40s. And it feels very different to every other razor that I own. Its no heavyweight weighing in a 57g but for some reason it feels heavier.

The 'Sticky' won't displace my Aristocrat #15 and #16 as my favourite razors but, if my first shave is a guide, it won't be far behind.

Awesome! I really like the look of this razor and would like to get my hands on one. Availability and cost are my enemies though.

Top Bottom