What's new

First Razor change; to a BlueTip

This morning I changed it up after three months of learning to shave with the Aristocrat, I moved on and tried my second DE razor; a SS BlueTip.

Quite a difference; with the Aristocrat blade angle and pressure had a quick and direct link to burn and weepers, should the mind wander while shaving.. :blink: It has a pretty good weight, so pressure is not a problem, and you can feel the open comb across your skin and hear the blade cutting.. It gives a really good shave, but if I wasn't focused it would leave a raw strip that would burn with the Alum.

Today the BlueTip flew accross the skin, I almost had to stop to check that there was actually a blade in it. The cutting sound is much softer, while the solid bar is smooth against your skin, it may have added an extra pass to get the same shave, but I was suprised the Alum had no sting at all. I still ended up with a really close shave.

So far I've only been into the Derbys of a Sample pack, I'm interested to see what the other blades in this razor can do.

My next change will be to a 40s SS from Brasil, but I might just run this BlueTip through a bunch of blades first :thumbup1:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
It must be quite a difference yes. Good work!

It is a great feeling when you find the right combinations that work for your and give you enjoyable shaves. Good work.

Best regards,

Doug

Sounds like you made a very good choice in moving to the blue tip, remember that it is a very mild razor so when you move on the 40s SS will be a bit more aggressive.

Top Bottom