What's new

Fingernail Maintenance

This may seem like a very basic question--and it is--but how do you gentlemen maintain clean fingernails? Any nail brush that works especially well for you? A good tool you like for remove dirt and grime? To put this in context, I keep my nails short, about the width of a dime, but grub around in the garden and muck about maintaining my bicycle which always leaves a load of dirt and gunk under my nails.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I keep my nails so short that nothing gets under them. On the very rare occasions when they were slightly longer, I used an old tooth brush.
I don't throw away my used tooth brushes, they go in a small drawer in the shop for various uses. They come in quite handy quite often.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I keep my nails so short that nothing gets under them. On the very rare occasions when they were slightly longer, I used an old tooth brush.
I don't throw away my used tooth brushes, they go in a small drawer in the shop for various uses. They come in quite handy quite often.
I do the same... they clean razors and have a myriad of other uses as well.

I rarely have to use them, but I have a small stash of made in USA Fuller brushes for cleaning your fingernails.

The coolest vintage ones are butterscotch Bakelite, but I just have the small wood handled ones.

Last edited:
I keep my fingernails short also, but if I need to clean under the nail I just use the scraper attached to my fingernail clippers.

Top Bottom