What's new

Fine Barber Blue VS Razorock Blue Barbershop

I can try to help. Short answer is they are very close to each other., so I'll focus as much as possible on the narrow spectrum of difference. Having never tried the original Floid Blue but being really curious about it as a long-time Aqua Velva man, I've tried a number of the Floid Blue clones, and I noticed that all of them "hover" around common themes while each is unique. Fine Barber Blue has a faint, light and bright citrus character, and I can smell a hint of the RazoRock in there, but more so, I get more echoes of the "freshness" (herbal citrus) of Epsilon Blue. RR Blue I expected to be blue-powdery/old-school, but it comes off somewhat as a more "contemporary" blue scent with a slight hint of that "modern cologne" vibe. The Fine is probably more subtle/nuanced/higher quality than the RR. As the Fine dries down, it resembles RR more closely. The most artificial of all of them, while I'm not saying it is bad, is RR, which is also one of the two least expensive options.

RR leans closer to Furbo, it seems. Epsilon (which to me is closest to the Aqua Velva profile) is different from those, and Fine leans towards Epsilon. B&M is a little more old-school powdery, but again, they are all like fraternal twins. Most people would be hard-pressed to notice a difference.

Really wish I could have compared to the original - holding out hope they will bring it back one day.

Shout out to Lustray Blue, by the way - an underrated gem. It's also closer to all of these in its own way (especially the Fine Blue) and has more of the older powdery character, and is far and away the most economical. Just get it out of the plastic bottle asap.

I can try to help. Short answer is they are very close to each other., so I'll focus as much as possible on the narrow spectrum of difference. Having never tried the original Floid Blue but being really curious about it as a long-time Aqua Velva man, I've tried a number of the Floid Blue clones, and I noticed that all of them "hover" around common themes while each is unique. Fine Barber Blue has a faint, light and bright citrus character, and I can smell a hint of the RazoRock in there, but more so, I get more echoes of the "freshness" (herbal citrus) of Epsilon Blue. RR Blue I expected to be blue-powdery/old-school, but it comes off somewhat as a more "contemporary" blue scent with a slight hint of that "modern cologne" vibe. The Fine is probably more subtle/nuanced/higher quality than the RR. As the Fine dries down, it resembles RR more closely. The most artificial of all of them, while I'm not saying it is bad, is RR, which is also one of the two least expensive options.

RR leans closer to Furbo, it seems. Epsilon (which to me is closest to the Aqua Velva profile) is different from those, and Fine leans towards Epsilon. B&M is a little more old-school powdery, but again, they are all like fraternal twins. Most people would be hard-pressed to notice a difference.

Really wish I could have compared to the original - holding out hope they will bring it back one day.

Shout out to Lustray Blue, by the way - an underrated gem. It's also closer to all of these in its own way (especially the Fine Blue) and has more of the older powdery character, and is far and away the most economical. Just get it out of the plastic bottle asap.

Wow! Thank you for the very thorough comparison.

My wife just ordered Fine Barber Blue as a Valentines gift - look forward to try it 🤩

IMG_20240207_184444.jpg

Just got this from my wife 🤩

Top Bottom