What's new

Finally got to try the Proraso trinity - very pleasantly surprised!

I'm a face-lathering shaving stick user - mostly Tabac and Palmolive - but I got the classic Proraso triple soap pack (green, red and white) as an Xmas pressie and I've been using them since. I have to say I've been really impressed with them, especially the white/sensitive soap.

At about the same time I got the soaps our combi-boiler made like Monty Python's Norwegian Blue parrot and shuffled off its mortal coil. Fortunately we have a pressurized camping shower ("action-pumpo" weed sprayer with a small shower head), but this has meant none of the plentiful hot water and steam that I normally find necessary for a good shave. To be honest it's been just one step up from the "cold shave" protocol which gives me irritation and weepers - sometimes even a nick - whenever I try it. Despite this, every shave I've had with Proraso white has been great; minimal-to-no irritation, and no weepers. With the green and the red the shaves haven't been nearly as good, but they have been on par with Tabac and Palmolive under the same conditions, and I've really enjoyed the different scents and sensations. PR white is a bit bland in that respect, but my goodness it does a great job of lubricating the shave and calming my skin.

Now we've got a new boiler I'm back to nice hot shaves and am able to appreciate the PR red and green more - but I think the white might just have pushed Tabac out of the #1 slot for me.

I just recently acquired the red. I didn’t think I liked sandalwood but I do actually like the scent of proraso red, and perhaps now I do like sandalwood... remains to be seen. I was so thoroughly impressed by the white and the green I decided to complete the trinity. If you haven’t discovered it yet, they also have a blue cream and balm that is pretty well regarded by most people. I have to say I would rate the blue more favorably than the white. I would love if proraso would create a preshave and a/s lotion in the blue line as well. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a tube of the blue as well.

I have reed and green and need to try the others. I felt the same way about sandalwood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the red. I now have it in a tube, in a bowl, and I also have a bottle of the aftershave. I've had a lot of compliments about the scent at work too.

The other scent I found I really like is the oud in Razorock's Stallion soap. I may have to buy a bottle of their matching aftershave too.

I'm a face-lathering shaving stick user - mostly Tabac and Palmolive - but I got the classic Proraso triple soap pack (green, red and white) as an Xmas pressie and I've been using them since. I have to say I've been really impressed with them, especially the white/sensitive soap.

At about the same time I got the soaps our combi-boiler made like Monty Python's Norwegian Blue parrot and shuffled off its mortal coil. Fortunately we have a pressurized camping shower ("action-pumpo" weed sprayer with a small shower head), but this has meant none of the plentiful hot water and steam that I normally find necessary for a good shave. To be honest it's been just one step up from the "cold shave" protocol which gives me irritation and weepers - sometimes even a nick - whenever I try it. Despite this, every shave I've had with Proraso white has been great; minimal-to-no irritation, and no weepers. With the green and the red the shaves haven't been nearly as good, but they have been on par with Tabac and Palmolive under the same conditions, and I've really enjoyed the different scents and sensations. PR white is a bit bland in that respect, but my goodness it does a great job of lubricating the shave and calming my skin.

Now we've got a new boiler I'm back to nice hot shaves and am able to appreciate the PR red and green more - but I think the white might just have pushed Tabac out of the #1 slot for me.
I have taken a shine to the White and Green lines. The Blue aftershave Balm is very good. Shave quality improved when I started using them.

Proraso white is great; shaved with it a couple times to start the New Year!!

proraso white 2020.jpg

I've only 1 proraso in my armoury, which is the white cream in the tube. It's not very slick and is the least favourite in my rotation, I also dislike the white film it leaves all over my equipment which makes clean up more of a chore than I'd like. I love the scent though which is the only reason I haven't binned it.

I'm eager to try the tubs at some point but I'll probably not replace this particular cream when it runs out.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I just recently acquired the red. I didn’t think I liked sandalwood but I do actually like the scent of proraso red, and perhaps now I do like sandalwood... remains to be seen. I was so thoroughly impressed by the white and the green I decided to complete the trinity. If you haven’t discovered it yet, they also have a blue cream and balm that is pretty well regarded by most people. I have to say I would rate the blue more favorably than the white. I would love if proraso would create a preshave and a/s lotion in the blue line as well. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a tube of the blue as well.

To me, the red doesn’t smell like Sandalwood. I blind bought the red aftershave and piffed it immediately.
I then assumed I didn’t like Sandalwood. Since then I’ve smelled and used various interpretations of Sandalwood and love them.
Capt Choice, WSP, and a couple of Sandalwood deodorants.

I think I’ve seen a spice and wood scent. Has anyone ever tried that one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I’ve seen a spice and wood scent. Has anyone ever tried that one?
I've only tried the "Wood and Spice"-scented beard wash and beard oil from the Single Blade line. To my nose, it's a nice mix of cedar, sandalwood, and saffron. Proraso says that it also contains rock rose, cumin, vanilla, and other woods.

The Wood and Spice is the only scent that I've worn that has actually gotten strangers (mostly women) to come up to me and comment that I smell good.

Top Bottom