What's new

Fezziwig from Black Ship Grooming

Screenshot_20210309-081245.png

Only review I could find for this was one response on their website.

Maggard's had it listed in recent products but out of stock but the Black Ship website still had some so I decided to buy it.

They describe it as:

"Twirl away my friends with our new Fezziwig Shaving Soap! It's our first scent that will be in our new Kaito base! Fezziwig is a blend of Fig and Cranberry that's smooth with a touch of fruit notes to it. We think it embodies the winter solstice season! "

I like fruity scented soaps and love cranberries so I figured what the heck.

It's also a new base and has interesting graphics and a unique container.

BSG is an artisan that I've always been interested in trying out but have never gotten around to looking for a sample of.
In all honesty I'm not in love with the new container (looks like its a little taller with a skinnier opening, kindof like some of the old Razorock containers used to be), but an improved formula shouldn't be a bad thing :thumbup1:

PXL_20210312_204850872.jpg

PXL_20210312_204437183~2.jpg

PXL_20210312_205214139.jpg

PXL_20210312_205218871.jpg

The Fezziwig came today

First I'll say the customer service seems top notch. I got an email thanking me for my purchase. The package was well packed and included a sample of one of their aftershaves, a temporary tattoo and some cool cards.

I do like the container. Cool graphics obviously but the shape is nice. It reminds me of a Cella container but slightly larger and definitely taller.

This goes right up there with my Sir Hare container as far as ease of loading in the container without it going everywhere. Definitely a fan of the container!

The smell isn't overpowering. That will be a YMMV point for everyone but it's great for me. Too strong of a scent and I get headaches. This was just right for me. You can definitely smell it but it's not going to knock you over.

I don't really know how to describe scents well. I wouldn't say you'll smell this and without knowing say "oh that's definitely fig and cranberry" but it's a nice, sweet fruity scent without being overpowering or too sweet.

To me it's just nice. And I like it. I wouldn't say it's my top scent but I won't hesitate to grab this one.

As far as performance. It loaded easily and lathered fine. I would say don't be afraid to give it some water. I had to add a bit for my last pass as it was just a little too thick but once I use it a few more times I'm sure I'll find it's sweet spot.

Regardless it was a smooth shave that's comparable to any of the other major brands in my rotation. Nothing special nor is there anything to complain about. I find most soaps to perform just fine with a few exceptions. This works as well as my other regulars.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this and when I run out I will hope they have it in stock.

PXL_20210313_215426056.jpg

I went with the Fezziwig again today - and I rarely if ever use the same soap back to back.

Very nice shave again. I added a little more water than last time and got a nice creamy lather. So much in fact I ended up flinging a big chunk off my brush when I was putting it on my face.

Still lovely scent with just the right strength for me.

And it pairs well with Seaforth Spiced AS

Top Bottom