What's new

Feb 20th 2014 - International Pipe Smoking Day

on the frozen snowpack, isnt gonna happen.

Frozen snowpack? Nope. It will be clear, smooth ice with a film of liquid water on top after two days of melt/freeze cycles.

NOAA forecast:
Tonight: Low: 21 °F
Wednesday: Snow/Sleet, High: 38 °F
Wednesday Night: Chance Rain, Low: 26 °F
Thursday: Mostly Sunny, High: 43 °F
Thursday Night: Rain Likely, Low: 33 °F

Also, it won't quite be freezing out, I'd guess 37 or so, at that time.

Certainly not a pleasant time for hanging around outside smoking though. Could you escape for a decent lunch hour and just load half a bowl?

Smoking Pipes is having a 10% of everything sale for this. I found the discount in my basket as I was making an order and was pleasantly surprised. Though the bulk tins % are glitched right now if you call (I had to call anyways the work computer didnt want to process my cart :() they will apply the 10% to your tins also (Glitch might be fixed by now too). Great team on that website... I was tempted to start a new thread just for that great ordering experience.

I just got the email about the sale now!

Also CI retail centers in Pennsylvania seem to be having some fun events for the day... No way I can make that drive on a worknight though!

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
From Russ at PipesandCigars.com

"Okay, so everybody's itching for the details for International Pipe Smoking Day. The goodie bag, this year, includes a bunch of tobaccos, including a sample of the newest entry in the Hearth & Home Marquee Series, which won't be on sale until May; in fact, we're not even going to tell you the name. There are a few accessory items that I'm sure you'll find useful. To top it off, our friends at Missouri Meerschaum have supplied us with a new model of corn cob that will be in the bag, as well.
The bag will be at no extra cost for orders totaling $75 or more. Of course, that also qualifies you for a calendar (again, free), and if you get your order up to $100, it ships free.
Now, folks, to be fair to everyone, we're letting you know when we'll begin to include the bags in Thursday's orders:
Any order placed at, or after, 9:00 am Eastern (6:00 am Pacific) will qualify for a goodie bag, as long as the $75 minimum is met. Please note, however: We only have 500 bags, which will be included on a first-come, first-served basis. Now that our inventory is in real-time, the offer should disappear from the site when we've sold out."

I'd love to get in on that goodie bag and up the ante enough for free shipping, I just wish this came when my budget wasn't completely in the toilet.

New MM pipe? Hope one of the BL members gets this so I can live vicariously through him.

I started the IPSD with EMP in my birth year Dunnie. Had a great smoke all the way to the bottom.

I would just like to thank everyone here who had helped me and taught me so much so that I can enjoy this hobby even more. You are an excellent group of stand up guys!

I started the IPSD with EMP in my birth year Dunnie. Had a great smoke all the way to the bottom.

I would just like to thank everyone here who had helped me and taught me so much so that I can enjoy this hobby even more. You are an excellent group of stand up guys!

Great combo there, Andrew!

And right back at ya there buddy! :thumbup:

For the past week, I've been searching for a pipe and was going to go to my local tobacconist tomorrow (have the day off). This just sealed the deal. Thanks Brown Leafers!

Yep, just ordered my first tobacco order in months (and probably my last for at least a couple months more) from SP last week. And then this week, we get a sale. Good grief! I feel like Charlie Brown...leaf.

I keep looking at the $50 bags of Esoterica labels that I would like to try and telling myself I can hit that free shipping level real easy... Then quick go to a different page to quell temptation.

As a long time dark cigar smoker, any recommendations for a pipe tobacco blend? I was thinking of something English-y w/ a bit of cavendish and as little perique as possible (read too many negative reviews about it). I'd rather not go for an aromatic...
this looks enticing: http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/75871/rattrays-professional-mixture/

Don't abandon perique without trying it. I and many other people love it. Seriously, you're cutting yourself out of a whole hemisphere of good smokes if you don't at least try it. There aren't too many pipe blends that give the same smoking experience as a cigar and it's hard to say which will appeal to you. Latakias are bold but they don't taste like cigars. There are some blends that have some cigar leaf in it (Hearth and Home's 'Stogie' for one), but it's still not necessarily going to be your thing.

I'd say hit some of the standards first: Frog Morton, Nightcap, Escudo, Full Virginia Flake, Lane 1Q and work your way outwards from there.

IPSD is well represented here, gents. Well done!

I started my day with a nice full bowl of EMP on the drive in this morning in my Bob White Billiard while listening to the Pipes Magazine Radio Show Podcast.

Lunchtime will be more EMP and then the drive home will be Sherlock Holmes in my Peterson Killarney XL90. Yeah, it's gonna be a good day!

Smoke up, boys!

IPSD is well represented here, gents. Well done!

I started my day with a nice full bowl of EMP on the drive in this morning in my Bob White Billiard while listening to the Pipes Magazine Radio Show Podcast.

Lunchtime will be more EMP and then the drive home will be Sherlock Holmes in my Peterson Killarney XL90. Yeah, it's gonna be a good day!

Smoke up, boys!

I dig your style, dude.

Top Bottom