What's new

Feather ASD2 blade choices

I am going to get an ASD2, as I've wanted one for a while now. I know it comes with some Feather blades, which I will certainly try out. I've heard Gillette Silver Blues also work well in this razor.

Are there other blades that you guys have found to work well? I don't have coarse hair, so I really don't know if super sharp blades will be necessary for me.

This is such a mild razor that feathers are the bees knees for it. Such a mild razor. GSB will also be fine along with Polsilver SI and Astra SPs worked well for me also.

I tried every blade with this razor and the Feather works best for me. This is one razor where I can get more than 5 shaves with a Feather blade. The only other blades that worked for me were the Personna Labs and Med Preps - but they work for me in every razor.

Has anyone ever compared the shave with the AS-D2 loaded with a Feather blade, with the efficiency of the Baili BD176 loaded with a Feather blade which I considered to be the poor man's AS-D2 ?

I am also considering buying am AS-D2, but would like to know if the efficiency of shaving with the AS-D2, at an angle of 45 degrees, is that much better than the BD176 before I part with my money?

Feather blades are my first choice in my AD S2, closely followed by Polsilver SI blades.
I don't care much for Astra blades in this razor as they don't seem to be sharp enough and may contribute to the slight post shave irritation I seem to get with them.

Andy

Folks report you can obtain a similar shave with a Gillette Tech, so if you don't want to pony up the $ for a Feather razor, grab a nice Tech for $15.

I use an asd2 in rotation with mamba 70 and gc 84.

To answer your question. Feather works best with a feather. I cant help but think feather designed the razor to work with their blade.

The As-d2 provides a sublime shave with a very sharp blade, such as a feather. Particularly on the first few shaves. So yes, feather for a feather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the AS-D2 is surely more forgiving?

For me the shaves are pretty much identical. I do prefer the weight and balance of the as d2 over the tech.

Gillette silver blues and personna blue blades work best for me. Feather blades too but they don't last as long as the other two.

Get that handle out to 45° and you'll love it. Miss the right angle and you'll wonder what all the fuss is about.

I've often wondered how many of the people that don't rate it are just not finding that angle.

It's a superb shaver.

I use a Feather AS-D2 and it is my favorite razor. I also can use any blade in it and my favorite is the Treet Black Beauty. So cheap that I use them once and throw away. Figuring out the angle is the key and it is definitely not difficult. Beautiful razor and easy to use for me. Don't get convinced the sharpest blade available is the best for you. I like the smoothest blade over the sharpest.

Top Bottom