What's new

Feather AS-D2 question

Based on pictures of a Feather AS-D2 is the head basically a Tech head that is slightly more aggressive? I think I read that it or another Feather is slightly more aggressive than a Tech. Are the Techs with the triangular holes more or less aggressive than the AS-D2?

Why am I asking? I am not certain yet. Future purchase maybe?

Thanks for your help.

I have two Techs. A made in Canada pre war Fat Handle with triangle slots and a made in England 1971 "Sportsman" Tech. If the blade gap on the English Tech is .56 as is reported, it is the milder of the two Techs as the Canadian Fat Handle is reported to be .67 which is larger than a Gillette red tip Super Speed. I don't have a blade gap for the AS-D2 but I do own one and find it to be milder and more forgiving than the Canadian Tech. It's a very nice razor and a pleasure to own and use. Perfectly finished in every way, although it is somewhat expensive. I got mine from Joe at The Italian Barber online store in Canada. He's a true gentleman and provides excellent, first rate service.

Considering the cost I am going to look for a prewar Canadian Tech razor. I have a prewar USA Tech with the triangular holes coming in about a week or two. I am using a Gillette Rubie Plus and I haven't nicked myself yet and that is why I went looking for Techs.

Top Bottom