What's new

FAVOURITE RAZOR, SOTD "themed week" September 19th - September 25th 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is what Heaven feels like...

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 26mm Simpson "Chubby 2", Super Badger
Razor: 17/16" Wade & Butcher, 1/4 Hollow Ground, Barber's Notch (w/ Original scales)
Honing Regimen: Shapton Pros 1k, 2k, 5k, 10k + Maruichi Nakayama Kiita/Asagi Hybrid JNat w/ Tomonagura slurry, progressively diluted to water only.
Strop: 0/0/0 (Neil Miller Linen / Imperial Horsehide leather / Imperial Cordovan leather)
Überlather: Jack Black "Macademia/Soy" Shave Creme + Czeck & Speake №88 Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Trueffit & Hill "Spanish Leather" AS
Cologne: Penhaligon "Quercus" EdT
Results: I recently scored this pristine (more like NOS) Monster W&B from a member and I was EXTREMELY happy :001_wub:. You don't know how long I've been on the lookout for something like this. In fact, I have to pinch myself from time to time, just to make sure I am not dreaming. I received her yesterday and she looked like she has never seen ANY hones whatsoever...I mean, EVER!!! How can that be
proxy.php
???!!! I thought NOS W&B didn't exist, especially given the fact that this is a late 19th century W&B. Even the scales are in immaculate condition. I decided to give her a little TLC with "Blue Magic", all the while basking in amazement and shock
proxy.php
. The slow and methodical polishing began to slowly reveal back the original luster, causing more amazement and bewilderment. After the initial shock subsided, I thought about how to best hone her and finally decided to use my Shapton pros for the process. Despite her BIG size and heft, she was amazingly easy to hone (no problems at all)...2 layers of tape and 20 minutes later, she was sporting a very keen and sharp edge. Popping hairs in plain sight. The finishing touches on the edge were put on using my Kiita/Asagi hybrid JNat. Now she was "perfectly" ready for her (literally) maiden voyage. Now, this blade deserves to be accompanied by nothing but the BEST software/hardware that English craftsmanship can provide. Hence the Simpson, C&S 88, Penhaligon, T&H and Trumper line of products. What about the shave you ask? Let me just put it this way: If this is what Heaven feels like, then I am making my reservation for Hotel Nirvana, NOW!!!! I still can't believe that my face is the first (and ONLY) this "Virgin" W&B has ever experienced (and before any of you begin suggesting or asking, the answer is a resounding "NO". she's going to stay that way
proxy.php
)...and what a Gentle Giant she turned out to be... Wowww!!! what an awesome feeling brothers.

proxy.php

After this Divine shave, I hope my mind can focus its attention on an important meeting my partner and I have at UCLA.

Have an AMAZING Tuesday gentlemen :thumbsup:.

Where I didn't use a favourite razor yesterday, I sure did today.
I just love this razor/blade combination.
(I'm contemplating building a 7-day set of Fat Handled Tech's :w00t:)

Tuesday

Ikea Glass Bowl
Semogue 2030B
Fat Handled Tech with Feather

Geo. F. Trumper Eucris Shaving Soap
Proraso Liquid Cream After Shave
Geo. F. Trumper Eucris EdT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen
:001_smile

proxy.php

Tuesday 09-20-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Aritocrat #58 Coronation set - Polsilver #2 - Pre JASÖN - Cella shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Stetson Black.

proxy.php

Merkur HD (34c)/ Treet blade/ Omega boar/ DR Harris Lavender ss/ Pinaud Clubman as/ Rive Gauche pour homme

Rooney Boar
Vintage Williams Menthol (70's?)
Gem G-bar
Ted Pella PFTE
Master Lilac Vegetol Splash
Baxter of California menthol Balm

-I hadn't used an SE for a while, it was a great shave and left me wondering why. Williams Menthol is better
than I remember form my first use almost a year ago-it took me that long to use it again because I was unimpressed
and quite bummed that there was nothing that resembled menthol in it. Now that I have the 60's Williams and have a better
appreciation for the stuff, I think the Menthol version does well, much better than modern. It's nowhere near as good, however, as the 60's
Tonsorial Soap.

CC Nutman finest + SCS New Spice
Schick F-Type injector + Personna 74 injector (tried it out for one pass)
1947 Gillette SS + Shark Stainless
Razorock alum
Thayers witch hazel
GIT

Tuesday:

Schick L-1 with a Chinese Schick blade on shave #3
Omega 10049
L'Occitaine CADE
Witch Hazel
CO Bigelow #1585

razor;birth year super speed
brush;restored ever-ready200tw/20mm tgn silver tip knot at max height
soap;classic brand lavender

Attachments

• $DSCN0671.jpg
    $DSCN0671.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 174
PRE-SHAVE - Shower

BRUSH - Semogue "Owners Club" Boar Edition
SOAP - Mitchell Wool Fat
BOWL - Scwarzweisskeramik XL-Scuttle
BLADE - Gillette "Blueu Extra" 6@
RAZOR - Gillette "Richwood" USA 1920

to finish...

AFTER SHAVE I - Astringent Thayers "Aloe Vera"
AFTER SHAVE II - Balm "O Melhor"
AFTER SHAVE III - Portuguese Cologne "Lavanda"

proxy.php

Robert, so stupendous, it needed a replay!

if this is what heaven feels like...

pre-shave: hot shower
brush: 26mm simpson "chubby 2", super badger
razor: 17/16" wade & butcher, 1/4 hollow ground, barber's notch (w/ original scales)
honing regimen: shapton pros 1k, 2k, 5k, 10k + maruichi nakayama kiita/asagi hybrid jnat w/ tomonagura slurry, progressively diluted to water only.
strop: 0/0/0 (neil miller linen / imperial horsehide leather / imperial cordovan leather)
Überlather: jack black "macademia/soy" shave creme + czeck & speake №88 shave soap + glycerin
toner: thayer's witch hazel (rose, no alcohol)
moisturizer: trumper's fragrance-free moisturizer
after shave splash: trueffit & hill "spanish leather" as
cologne: penhaligon "quercus" edt
results: i recently scored this pristine (more like nos) monster w&b from a member and i was extremely happy :001_wub:. You don't know how long i've been on the lookout for something like this. In fact, i have to pinch myself from time to time, just to make sure i am not dreaming. I received her yesterday and she looked like she has never seen any hones whatsoever...i mean, ever!!! How can that be
proxy.php
???!!! I thought nos w&b didn't exist, especially given the fact that this is a late 19th century w&b. Even the scales are in immaculate condition. I decided to give her a little tlc with "blue magic", all the while basking in amazement and shock
proxy.php
. The slow and methodical polishing began to slowly reveal back the original luster, causing more amazement and bewilderment. After the initial shock subsided, i thought about how to best hone her and finally decided to use my shapton pros for the process. Despite her big size and heft, she was amazingly easy to hone (no problems at all)...2 layers of tape and 20 minutes later, she was sporting a very keen and sharp edge. Popping hairs in plain sight. The finishing touches on the edge were put on using my kiita/asagi hybrid jnat. Now she was "perfectly" ready for her (literally) maiden voyage. Now, this blade deserves to be accompanied by nothing but the best software/hardware that english craftsmanship can provide. Hence the simpson, c&s 88, penhaligon, t&h and trumper line of products. What about the shave you ask? Let me just put it this way: If this is what heaven feels like, then i am making my reservation for hotel nirvana, now!!!! I still can't believe that my face is the first (and only) this "virgin" w&b has ever experienced (and before any of you begin suggesting or asking, the answer is a resounding "no". She's going to stay that way
proxy.php
)...and what a gentle giant she turned out to be... Wowww!!! What an awesome feeling brothers.

proxy.php

after this divine shave, i hope my mind can focus its attention on an important meeting my partner and i have at ucla.

Have an amazing tuesday gentlemen :thumbsup:.

Wednesday Morning:

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Leon Superstainless (1)
Soap: Valobra
Brush: Rooney 3/1
A/S: Cussons Imperial Leather
ASB: Gaia Organic

Preshave: Hot water
Lather: Vintage Creed Green Irish Tweed
Brush: Spanish, do not know name
Razor: Vintage Wostenholm Frameback
Toner: Vintage Chanel for Men