What's new

Favorite travel strop?

After my most recent trip, I'm re-thinking making my Feather SS my travel razor; I traded comfort for convenience, so I may go back to traveling with a 'regular' straight.

I was using my poor-man's strop for travel, but I gave it away, and would like to get a 'nicer' strop for travel.

I really like my TM strop, so I'd probably go with his travel strop. Not sure if they'll be in stock before my next trip though.

So, what works best for you? Thoughts on paddle strips for travel? I've never used one.

Thanks!

I have used a paddle strop for travel. It is convenient as you don't have to think about hanging points and it packs easily, however I don't get the same results as with a hanging strop. This starts showing up with uncomfortable shaves after 4-5 days. I haven't really determined why the paddle doesn't work as well for me. Next trip I'm just taking hanging strops.

Legion

Staff member
I take my regular strop with me. It takes up about zero space laying flat in a suitcase, so why skimp?

I like using small Dopp kit sized stuff when I travel. It makes me feel like I am on holiday.

You travel more than me though, so it is probably not such a novelty for you. I love the sight of a Wee Scott soaking in a hotel teacup.

I,ve taken many holidays with ti paddle strop , plus other paddles such as four sided..worked no where near like a regular strop for some reason.. Once I got home, I stropped same razor on my hanger and I felt a defanatly differance, so why not just take your hanging strop, that's what I plan on doing.

gary

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Looks like I'm all set now with a hanging strop.

I got a Tony Miller travel strop a couple of weeks ago and it's FANTASTIC. Up till now, I'd been using a poor man's strop and the TM is so much better. It's also got a linen component and I don't have any other strops with real linen, so I sometimes take it out and use it at home. Curls up nicely into a little tin for protective packaging.

Top Bottom