What's new

Favorite SE (or DE) blades for Shavette?

Hi all!

When I was quite new to Shavette shaving I ordered a 100 pack of Derby green SE blades, I wanted to start with a nice and mild blade ;)
Problem is, it's hard to get a really close shave with the Derby's, I find it to be a bit too mild.
The advantage with the Derby SE blade is that it is easier to load into the shavette than a DE blade snapped in half.

A while ago I started to shave more often with my shavettes (Dovo SS and Parker SRX) and I started to try new blades.
I have had good results with various blades now, like Astra SS and SP, Lord Super Chrome, Voskhod and Feather, but it's DE blades I had to snap in half.

Can anyone tell me if the DE and SE versions of the blades are exactly the same, except the SE blade are already snapped in half?

I like the pre-cut blades because they are easier to load; the problem is that you are limited to maybe 6 different ones, and not the sharpest.
I tend to use Nacet in DE razors, but when I put a new half in a shavette.....I cut myself.....

So after trying some, what I do : use my fav DE blades in DE razor 2-3 times, then cut them in half and use these. So used DE sharp blades are sharper to me than pre-cut. I only use them once and toss them.

I use Gillette PermaSharp Saloon (PPI production for Turkey) in my Eco Hawk and just recently in my Focus Shavette. The full blades are also my go-to in DE‘s.

If you see them give them a chance.

Hi all!

When I was quite new to Shavette shaving I ordered a 100 pack of Derby green SE blades, I wanted to start with a nice and mild blade ;)
Problem is, it's hard to get a really close shave with the Derby's, I find it to be a bit too mild.
The advantage with the Derby SE blade is that it is easier to load into the shavette than a DE blade snapped in half.

A while ago I started to shave more often with my shavettes (Dovo SS and Parker SRX) and I started to try new blades.
I have had good results with various blades now, like Astra SS and SP, Lord Super Chrome, Voskhod and Feather, but it's DE blades I had to snap in half.

Can anyone tell me if the DE and SE versions of the blades are exactly the same, except the SE blade are already snapped in half?

This is your best option 👌🏼😊👌🏼

Try em all... The sampler only 2.39!! 😍

All Shavette Razor Blades - TryABlade.com - http://tryablade.com/shavette

Good Luck 🌹

This is your best option 👌🏼😊👌🏼

Try em all... The sampler only 2.39!! 😍

All Shavette Razor Blades - TryABlade.com - http://tryablade.com/shavette

Good Luck 🌹
Thanks!
Very cheap, but not so cheap if you live in Sweden LOL
If I buy this sampler for $2:39 I will have to pay an extra 7:50 Euro in Tax and another 25% of the original $2:39 in VAT, only because I buy it from outside EU.
Most of the blades in your example is available in Europe so I can get them "over here" :)

Thanks!
Very cheap, but not so cheap if you live in Sweden LOL
If I buy this sampler for $2:39 I will have to pay an extra 7:50 Euro in Tax and another 25% of the original $2:39 in VAT, only because I buy it from outside EU.
Most of the blades in your example is available in Europe so I can get them "over here" :)
Razorbladesclub should ship from Sweden afaik, and you can pick single blades to build your own sampler.

Today they have a 100 Voskhod for 5.98 shipped via Amazon.
Amazon just started here in Sweden too.
Quite nice prices on many things.
Problem is that it's almost impossible to understand what they are writing, one could almost believe they translate from English to Chinese to Greek to Swedish via Google translate, or if they translate one word at the time so the grammar and some words are really screwed up :biggrin1::confused1:biggrin1:

Amazon just started here in Sweden too.
Quite nice prices on many things.
Problem is that it's almost impossible to understand what they are writing, one could almost believe they translate from English to Chinese to Greek to Swedish via Google translate, or if they translate one word at the time so the grammar and some words are really screwed up :biggrin1::confused1:biggrin1:
If you have an AZ account you can always switch your language preference to English maybe then you have the original descriptions.

Top Bottom