What's new

Favorite Oud

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thinking of getting this too. How is the longevity working out for you? I don’t need a monster, but I’m looking for at least a 9-10 hour workday.
9 hours would be the bottom. I put it on yesterday am and 16 hours later the mrs asked me if I just put cologne on.

I do not know too much about Oud - it is a relatively new scent for me - I never even heard of it or smelled it until maybe around 5 years ago (if it was around before then they did a pretty good job in hiding it from me!). Not sure what is quality or what it is ideally supposed to smell like, but walking around in New York City before the pandemic shutdown, I would definitely recognize this distinctive scent when I encountered it. Funny but the the exotic name of the scent really suits it, almost in an onomotopiatic sense.

I have purchased Sterling Agar, which is nice but pretty strong (wouldn't wear it to the office) and very reasonably priced - not sure whether for the money it is legit Oud or some synthetic or near substitute, but it seems to be pretty close to what I smell walking around town. I also blind bought a bottle of Le Pere Lucien Oud Neroli A/S, which cost a lot more and is also pretty good.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Most Oud fragrances are not true oud, but either artificial or drawn from lesser quality byproducts.
Genuine Oud and reasonably priced will never be seen in the same sentence.
That's really okay for me as I feel if it's close, it's close enough.
Purists would disagree.
I'm not wealthy enough to be a purist.

Gonna go a little different direction here but I love the Luxurious Bastard Legendary beard Oil. This is good. This is very good. Imo would be worth putting in atomizer and giving a go around.

Been using this for a couple weeks now. Beautiful and long lasting scent. I really like it. I agree that it’s nice in warm weather.
3C5F4A75-39CA-4FF9-80EE-A5D616BE2243.jpeg

You can get deals on AOS Oud Suede on eBay right now! It uses real essential oil (from what it says), is strong, long lasting, and honestly one of the best colognes I’ve ever had (to my nose).

I like Tom Ford’s Tobacco Oud, which has an interesting character without the attention-grabbing headiness of Oud Wood. All of Ford’s fragrances are well-judged and offer a sense of quality and sophistication. This one is whisky and tobacco up front, with oud and vanilla underneath - that’s what I pick up from it. It is decently long-lasting and inoffensive. When I smell it I picture a gentleman with an air of command wearing a tailored three-piece tweed suit and a white open-collar shirt. When I look in the mirror I see me. All fragrances have their limitations.

My vote, is for Art Of Shaving Oud Suede. I’m blown away by it, and you can get it cheap on eBay (compared to retail)

I recently picked up Declaration Grooming's "Daemon" eau de parfum. I was really hoping for a good oud and amber forward scent, but unfortunately only smell frankincense and "Christmas candle." Has anyone here tried this fragrance to agree or disagree?

I like Tom Ford’s Tobacco Oud, which has an interesting character without the attention-grabbing headiness of Oud Wood. All of Ford’s fragrances are well-judged and offer a sense of quality and sophistication. This one is whisky and tobacco up front, with oud and vanilla underneath - that’s what I pick up from it. It is decently long-lasting and inoffensive. When I smell it I picture a gentleman with an air of command wearing a tailored three-piece tweed suit and a white open-collar shirt. When I look in the mirror I see me. All fragrances have their limitations.
I like this scent as well, if you like the scent of I Coloniali Mango shaving soap it smells very similar, too bad I Coloniali is no longer being made..one of the best shaving soap I’ve used.

Jacques Bogart One Man Show Oud Edition…. No comparison to the niche out there, but it does hold a candle, yes it does!!!! Synthetic oud? Yup, no doubt. Does it smells nice? Hell yes, it does, at least to my nose! I think I paid 25 bucks for this, a **** steal!!!!

Jacques Bogart One Man Shown Gold Edition, another outstanding fragrance, on the cheap, about 20 bucks!!! Now, no oud about that one…

Both Xerjoff and Amouage have oud as a player in a number of their fragrances. Their ouds are more of the Oriental variety. Don't blind buy any of them because they are quite powerful and pricey. One of the things going for them is that you can buy an 8 ml sample that should last quite a long time as only a couple of sprays are needed.

Top Bottom