What's new

favorite mentholated aftershave?

I recently acquired Figaro’s Bluice and so far this has been my favorite. It has the initial menthol hit, not weak nor too strong, but then follows with a decent lasting cooling sensation similar to that of icy hot that sticks around for a bit. I’m guessing that’s maybe the camphor. Now if I can just find the Amber 400ml…

of course, there is always the option of dropping a few menthol crystals into your aftershave of choice.
These days my strongest menthol "shocker" is a bottle of "Red Proraso", which by default has no menthol in it. I gave it a healthy dose of crystals, and I can hardly breathe when I dare to put some on ...
after about 20 minutes I regain normal eyesight, after being completely in "menthol tears" after I put it on ... :syn:
:c18::eek6::yikes:

Cryogen. This review says it all:

For years I have been addicted to menthol aftershave. I have tried several products and have a couple that I think do a pretty descent job. Prior to last week, my go to since 2015 was Proraso Menthol & Eucalyptus. And as much as I enjoy the Proraso, I wondered lately if there possibly something that turns it up to 11.
Well pilgrims, the Chiseled Face Cryogen Aftershave turns it up to a MILLION then rips the knob off.
My experience:
1. Packages arrives and I take out a bottle that looks like a pint of Jack (which I like)
2. I shower, shave, then splash my face with a nice cold water.
3. I apply my first ever Cryogen splash....
4. All menthol hell breaks lose. My eyes begin to water as an artic typhoon blast me in the face.
5. I yell 'WHOA!!!" then break out into a bizarre episode of punch dancing.
6. I knew in that first second that I will never use anything else again.

Yeah, it's that good.
JM

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
-Proraso Green is one of my favorites. I find the scent to be a bit light (it doesn't linger for hours).
-Skin Bracer by Mennen is one that I like but I'm having issues finding it lately.
-Osage Rub is a strong mentholated aftershave. Sometimes it could be too much but on hot summer days, it's great!
-Aqua Velva Sport if you can find it.

Top Bottom