What's new

Favorite EDC knive

I have two SOG knives.

1593027370151.png

1593027398457.png

The larger one is a Twitch II Lockback. The smaller one is a model I can't find anymore. I have had both for over 10 years. The smaller is incredibly sharp and I take it with me on fishing trips to cut braided fishing line.

The knife you actually use so I have a mini victorinox on my key ring. Jup small blades scissor screwdriver. But it does 90% of the work when I need to open a box, cut something etc. In the car or working I have a classic leatherman which does the rest.
On holiday a fat victorinox because again it tends to have everything needed on board. Stupid enough my ti leatherman charge stays brand new.

My fanciest knife is a Spyderco Chaparral with the Rafir handle. One of these days I need to pick up a nice damascus knife

On a whim, I recently bought a Ontario RAT II. I can't speak to it's durability, but wow, is thing thing super sharp. It's been easy to carry, quick to deploy and easy to sharpen.

I'm not a huge fan of liner locks, but I'm getting over it, because I love everything else about this knife.

It's quickly replacing my trusty Buck 112 as my EDC.

Kershaw Skyline today. Just this side of forearm shaving sharp from the box. It is now such after a few passes on a Sharpmaker.

Made in USA. Decent steel. "Tuneable" after watching the Nick Shabazz disassembly video. Under 50.00 all day long.

Top Bottom