What's new

Favorite AC Blade?

Looking for some advice on AC blades for a safety razor. Feather pro seems to be the most ubiquitous. There also appears to be many offerings by both Feather and Kai in addition to the guarded varieties. I don't think I'd want a guard in a safety razor.

Looking for some advice on AC blades for a safety razor. Feather pro seems to be the most ubiquitous. There also appears to be many offerings by both Feather and Kai in addition to the guarded varieties. I don't think I'd want a guard in a safety razor.

I have tried them all and my favorite of all the AC blades is the Schick Proline blade. A good mix of sharpness and smoothness that can't be beat.

I had been using Feather Pro's for a bit, used Try a Blade to test out a couple others(Kai's, Prolines, Feather Guards) and the Schick Prolines are by far the best. Even when using my Injector Razor, I always went with Schick blades. They are just a great combination of sharp and smooth. The Proline whacked through 5 days of heavy beard growth like nothing, it was so smooth I actually thought the blade wasn't cutting properly until I saw the bald patch in my beard.

Ive always liked the Feather Pros. Ive tried the ProGuards and the Supers and they werent for me. One of the worst instances of razor burn that Ive gotten from a SE razor with from my ATT SE1 with a Feather Super.

Well thanks gents, I decided to visit Try a blade. I ordered two of each, Kai mild, Kai, Schick, and Feather pro. Fortunately, there is less variety in the SE world.

I have an artist club type razor on the way. It will be my first time using anything other than a DE or cartridge razor. I think I will start with a Proguard or a Kai with guard blade just until I gain a little more confidence to use a regular blade.

Depending on how urgent it is for you. You can get it for under 10 USD at global Rakuten directly from Japan. If you select the small package option that is around 13 USD for one respectively 23 USD for two.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Thanks, @muzichead , I thought the Prolines were all AC-type.

What's the difference between the B20 and the Schick/Chick blades? Factory of origin perhaps or just a repackage into 20/30 blades -vs- 7 in a dispenser?

What's the difference between the B20 and the Schick/Chick blades? Factory of origin perhaps or just a repackage into 20/30 blades -vs- 7 in a dispenser?
I'm not sure as I'm not an Injector guy at all. My guess though would be the Mfg or factory of origin as you did...

Ive always liked the Feather Pros. Ive tried the ProGuards and the Supers and they weren't for me. One of the worst instances of razor burn that Ive gotten from a SE razor with from my ATT SE1 with a Feather Super.

I tried the Feather Super also and found it to be a bit of over-kill. I still can't see why anyone would need them as apposed to a regular Feather Pro or Schick Proline blade.

I tried the Feather Super also and found it to be a bit of over-kill. I still can't see why anyone would need them as apposed to a regular Feather Pro or Schick Proline blade.
I could see it if you have thick, coarse hair or if you only shave like once a week. You have to remember that the AC was originally intended to be used by barbers, not by regular people who shave with it every day.

Top Bottom