What's new

Fav SE?

If it's spineless you need, try here but they come in packs of 1,000 (Group Buy?); http://www.razorbladeco.com/category/31-unbacked-single-edge-blades.aspx

Thanks for the link, but it's a little more involved than that. I think I posted it once here, or maybe another forum, but the spine comes off, a very large chunk of each side gets snipped off, the spine is trimmed to match, then the blade is slid under a little clamp thing that holds it down back into the spine that has to rest just so in the back of the razor, then the handle is threaded into the bottom of the clamp thing to clamp the blade down. Then I have a nap to regain my strength before I shave:lol: I really do love the shaves it gives though!

Hard choice between the Clog-Pruf and Flying Wing for shave quality, so final vote to the Flying Wing for its aesthetics.

The Feather Weight. Something about the handle and the line of sight. BBS every time. I've used my Damaskeene only once and want to get back to it to make it another favorite. Clog-Pruf is on its way.

1912 for me too. I've not tried a Damaskeene yet. Is it any different from any other 1912?

Yes. The cover plate is slightly rounded, which I believe makes for a better/different shave that the standard straight cover plate on the later 1912's. Plus, the handle is round with pretty good knurling which I prefer over the hexagon handles both in looks and handling.

It may be all in my head, but I find it just a tad bit more aggressive, similar to my 1914.

It's not in your head.

Thanks for the link, but it's a little more involved than that. I think I posted it once here, or maybe another forum, but the spine comes off, a very large chunk of each side gets snipped off, the spine is trimmed to match, then the blade is slid under a little clamp thing that holds it down back into the spine that has to rest just so in the back of the razor, then the handle is threaded into the bottom of the clamp thing to clamp the blade down. Then I have a nap to regain my strength before I shave:lol: I really do love the shaves it gives though!

I remember you describing the procedure for altering a blade for that contraption, maybe at TOS?

ER Streamline, then the G-bar, then the ER 1914. The 1912s are close, but for these do the trick a bit better.

Nobody's favorite is a G-bar? I've got one loaded up now, waiting for when I go back to work in the morning. I confess, though that I like it more for the looks of the thing. It's pure 50's space age design. A little less aggressive to some, but I can't tell the difference. Currently I have a 1924, 1912 and my G-bar. Nice smooth, close shavers all.

Nobody's favorite is a G-bar? I've got one loaded up now, waiting for when I go back to work in the morning. I confess, though that I like it more for the looks of the thing. It's pure 50's space age design. A little less aggressive to some, but I can't tell the difference. Currently I have a 1924, 1912 and my G-bar. Nice smooth, close shavers all.

I find the G-Bar very mild and prefer to use it for Head Shaves, very cool looking but I think I'll save this one for my 3y-o son. I think I prefer the Clog-Pruf or Flying Wing and like the Feather Weight for my Face, Though I do miss my Damaskeene.

I like the G-Bar for the same reasons. It shaves well but I like the Clog Pruf better.

New question...which SE do you dislike the most?

Which SE do I dislike? Tough question. I haven't met one that I don't like yet. I tried my new clog pruf this morning and was highly impressed. Ive used the gem Jr, the featherweight and the g-bar also, and I don't have a bad word to say about any of them. I still have to try my 1912 and I won a razor lot auction that has a contour, MMOC and an Ever Ready that clips open from the front- a shovelhead? (Yes my SE AD is strong) When those come in I'll give them a shot. Every time I shave, which has become almost exclusively with an SE, I think "now this is what shaving is all about".

I love the ER Streamline. British ER 1912 is right behind it.

My least favorite so far is the Bullet Tip MM....way to mild for me.

Top Bottom