What's new

Fav FP Inks

Just out of curiosity, what pen/nib size were you using? I had a sample of it filled in my Lamy Safari with a 1.5 mm italic nib for about a week before I used it all. Every time I uncapped the pen it took a little while to get started, but I never experienced any flow issues on the level you did. I'm sorry to hear that...it's certainly an interesting ink.

Cross Verve with a medium nib. Very wet writer. I was surprised to have so much trouble.

My favorite inks in no specific order are the following:

Iroshizuku
Caran d' Ache
J. Herbin
Akkerman

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I am REALLY enjoying Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher. I love blue/black inks and this is basically everything that one would need in an ink. Its part of the Warden Series which is basically bulletproof.

Other inks to mention in no particular order:

1. Noodler's Old Manhattan
2. Noodler's Ellis Island
3. Noodler's Ottoman Azure

I am REALLY enjoying Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher. I love blue/black inks and this is basically everything that one would need in an ink. Its part of the Warden Series which is basically bulletproof.

Other inks to mention in no particular order:

1. Noodler's Old Manhattan
2. Noodler's Ellis Island
3. Noodler's Ottoman Azure

I really wish The OA was waterproof. It's one of my favorite blues. I have a sample of the Kingfisher sent to me by one of our generous members I need to give it a try.

I liked the color and story behind the Whaleman's Sepia but it wouldn't flow for me. After an hour or two I'd have to clean the nib to get it going again.

Kevin, if you have Private reserve Tanzinite, mix a bit of this with the whaleman's Sepia. the Tanzinite is known as the flow repair ink over on FPN, It will improve the flow of nearly any ink that it's mixed with.

At the moment my fave's are:
Iroz...Kon-Peky
MB Irish Green

Both inks behave well, have deep colors, dry reasonably quickly, and aren't overpowering to see on a full page of writing.

Ken

I like the Noodlers BayState Blue. The controversy adds to the charm!

I was intrigued by this ink for a while, but then a sample came in one of the Goulets' Ink Drops. I thought that the color was really nothing to write home about. On top of that, it was a royal pain in the butt to clear from the Noodler's demonstrator I put it in. It did come out eventually, though.

there have been many claims of this ink permanently staining pens. Also it reacted badly with the plastic used in the feed/manifold on the Lamy safari/vista nibs. Not sure if this has been resolved yet, but I think it has.

The feed issue was just with one batch of Lamys. Seemed to be the pen as much as the ink as I understand it. I like the BSB color, but it stains everything even near it.

I was intrigued by this ink for a while, but then a sample came in one of the Goulets' Ink Drops. I thought that the color was really nothing to write home about. On top of that, it was a royal pain in the butt to clear from the Noodler's demonstrator I put it in. It did come out eventually, though.

Same here. Nice blue but nothing earth shattering. Pain to clean and stained my converter.

I have a bunch of different inks and one of my favourites is still MB Racing Green. I was lucky enough to scoop a couple of bottles after I heard that it was being discontinued. OF the Noodlers inks that I have, Manjiro Nakahama would be one of my favourites.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
For daily use I'm always using Lamy, Pelikan, Rohrer & Klingner, and Parker Quink. Special times (high quality paper) I have some iroshizuku asa-gao which seems to feather a bit on cheaper paper. My pens are set up as wet writers.

Generally I use blue or blue/black in my vintage pens, including iron gall inks.

Top Bottom