My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: Gillette Platinum (6)
Brush: Omega S10019
Soap: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Reuzel
027_35.jpg

I love Proraso Red. It's the best Sandalwood scent on the market. It definitely performs like Proraso. My shave was a one pass wtg shave. The lather was slick and rich. My LoStorto did its job fantastically. Even with one pass it's possible to get too close causing irritation. I was right on the edge but not quite. It was a good shave, and I look forward to this week.

Is the OC slant stupidly aggressive and dangerous to use like the R41? Or is it as user friendly as the 37C?

Connaught is still OOS.

Nothing else bites me like my R41. If you have used and enjoyed an open comb Grande or Piccolo, you won’t be surprised by the Lo Storto Originale. Fun, not fear.

There ia a gaping user-friendliness chasm between the 37C and R41. The Fatip OC slant is quite close to the 37C and miles away from the R41. I rank its friendliness and effectiveness with the Wunderbar and ATT S2. It is less precisely machined than those two, but right up there in performance for me.

I am very glad I jumped at the first sniff of Connaught inventory. I have had very enjoyable shaves with it. It is loaded and ready in the den.

Nothing else bites me like my R41. If you have used and enjoyed an open comb Grande or Piccolo, you won’t be surprised by the Lo Storto Originale. Fun, not fear.

There ia a gaping user-friendliness chasm between the 37C and R41. The Fatip OC slant is quite close to the 37C and miles away from the R41. I rank its friendliness and effectiveness with the Wunderbar and ATT S2. It is less precisely machined than those two, but right up there in performance for me.

I am very glad I jumped at the first sniff of Connaught inventory. I have had very enjoyable shaves with it. It is loaded and ready in the den.
Well I've not used any fatip OC before. So if you compare it to the regular straight bar, is the OC slant better?

If there's no difference, maybe I'll just get the regular OC.

I’m hopelessly prejudiced in favor of OC over SB.That said, I have the Fatip Piccolo SE and did try the SB option. I also prefer the Piccolo handle to the Grande.

But if you want my opinion, get whichever unslanted Fatip
you think you will prefer. They are excellent shavers and not a big investment. Why wait? V1 Fatips and slants are for Fatip fans. If you come to love Fatips, exploring all the options won’t break the bank.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I would keep my eye on Connaught and on Gifts and Care.

Connaught has fast service, good shipping rates, and perhaps a pretty good relationship with Fatip/Premax.

I got both of my Fatip Slants (ORIGINALE and GENTILE) from Connaught. Fair prices and great service.

Also received fair prices and great service from Gifts and Care on items I've purchased from them.

No affiliation with either store.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Any significant difference in shave between the OC vs CC Fatip slant?

I only used the CC once. If there's a big difference it escaped me, but I'm an OC fan (and the OC is a bee's knees razor).

Once is an inadequate trial of course.

Fatip.Slants.2.640.3-20-20.JPG

Get the OC if you can would be my advice.

Happy shaves,

Jim

That would suggest the Gentile is not a Gentile then. By which I mean the original Gentile was supposed to be milder then the OC. Which it is. Considerably so.

That would suggest the Gentile is not a Gentile then. By which I mean the original Gentile was supposed to be milder then the OC. Which it is. Considerably so.

It is the mysterious Slant Vortex effect! In this case leading directly to degentileification.

There are very mild slants, but don’t tell anyone. Mystique is to valuable to waste.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It is the mysterious Slant Vortex effect! In this case leading directly to degentileification.

There are very mild slants, but don’t tell anyone. Mystique is to valuable to waste.

What's mild mean?

To me mild means the razor is unlikely to jump up out of nowhere and cut you. A mild razor's unlikely to cause weepers, unlikely to be uncomfortable, unlikely to damage your skin assuming a normal and skillful shave, and likely to be pleasant and easy to use.

I consider the Fatip Open Comb slant to be both mild and quite efficient. The perfect combination.

Happy shaves,

Jim

What's mild mean?

To me mild means the razor is unlikely to jump up out of nowhere and cut you. A mild razor's unlikely to cause weepers, unlikely to be uncomfortable, unlikely to damage your skin assuming a normal and skillful shave, and likely to be pleasant and easy to use.

I consider the Fatip Open Comb slant to be both mild and quite efficient. The perfect combination.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I like your definition of mild. My LS Originale, Wunderbar, Merkurs, German 37 are all mild that way. My iKons are both mild the inefficient way. ATT S2 and PBOCS - not mild either way for me. YMMV.

So the Lo Storto is my only OC slant with the ‘good’ mildness. And the goofiest looking blade alignment.

Top Bottom