What's new

Fatip Slant Open Comb compatible handle

Hello
I've just received the Fatip Lo Storto slant open comb.
It's a great razor but the handle is too light and slippery for me.
My Ikon OSS handle doesn't fit (different screw thread size).
Any recommendation for a heavy and grippy handle with the same thread size of the Fatip OC slant?
Cheers!

I have a Weber Bulldog handle that I can get to work on my Fatips. It's not the right thread size, but it tightens up ok. Just a bit sloppy until you get it snugged up.

As @smudge stated with his Weber Bulldog handle, there are handles that do not have the same threads as the Fatip that you may be able to get to work. Perhaps (?!) I'm a bit OCD about this, but I'm not happy using something with mismatched threads. So if you're OK with a handle as long as you can get it to work, the list that @Raven Koenes posted can help. I don't know if anyone has posted the much shorter list of those handles with the same threads as Fatip handles. Of the top of my head there is Joris, Schone and Durham Duplex.

I have a Weber Bulldog handle that I can get to work on my Fatips. It's not the right thread size, but it tightens up ok. Just a bit sloppy until you get it snugged up.
Hi Smudge
I prefer a handle that fits perfect
Thanks anyway

I have added weight to a hollow Fatip handle by cutting a bolt (any metal rod will do) and gluing it into the handle. My preferred solution was to buy a wooden handled Fatip and swap handles.

Hi Steve
The added weight sounds great but doesn't solve the slippery grip issue.
Wooden handles is not really my thing..
Thanks anyway

Hi Steve
The added weight sounds great but doesn't solve the slippery grip issue.
Wooden handles is not really my thing..
Thanks anyway
I'm sorry that I don't have any better solutions for stock handles. Some folks have made their own handles. One popular approach is modifying an inexpensive center punch.

Thanks Raven
This is indeed a comprehensive list but it covers handles that fit the Fatip Piccolo,Grande Nickel,Grande Chrome and Grande Gold.
There is no mentioning of the Fatip Lo Storto open comb slant..
Cheers!

Thanks Raven
This is indeed a comprehensive list but it covers handles that fit the Fatip Piccolo,Grande Nickel,Grande Chrome and Grande Gold.
There is no mentioning of the Fatip Lo Storto open comb slant..
Cheers!
All FaTip's share the same awkward threading, so it doesn't matter if it's mentioned or not :) At the time of the list making, slant was not made by mr. Fazzini.

Sent from my Y7 using Tapatalk

For my FOCS, these Yaqi handles fits. They're a nice weight and have good grip. Choice of colours too...mine's in RGB. Something for your consideration...
20210224_225922.jpg

For my FOCS, these Yaqi handles fits. They're a nice weight and have good grip. Choice of colours too...mine's in RGB. Something for your consideration...

Hi Chard

Thanks man!
I've just bought a Yaqi handle following your suggestion.
This is what I got :
It's 91mm long and weights 81 grams and it looks pretty grippy..
I sure hope the screw thread will fit the Fatip head..

HTB17h6FSAvoK1RjSZFDq6xY3pXaq.png
HTB1BuDvSCrqK1RjSZK9q6xyypXam.png

@Chard52142

Update!

The Yaqi razor arrived today and............it fits!
The handle fits the Fatip storto head and it looks great ,it has nice weight and grip - problem solved!
Thanks man!

Top Bottom