RR American Barber

IMG-DSC_5973 (1).jpg

SOTD February 23rd 2024
🚀 👩‍🚀 👽 👾
February 2024 GRUME
The 15th Annual One Blade in February Challenge
Fatip Friday

Hello friends

The sun shone again. In his honor, I chose MdC Original which produced a splendid lather in my Semogue SOC Mistura. My little great friend Il Piccolo, equipped with Gillette Nacet (11) from the eleventh OBIF shave, filled me with joy by making me realize at 65 years of age that old things can be great. For the first time I used the same blade eleven times and what a surprise to discover that even though it lost a little in sharpness it gained a lot in smoothness.

What a wonderful shave, friends!

I finished very well with Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla.

With us, Frank Rosolino's fantastic trombone.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❤️🪒

ED81EE17-8723-4901-8FFE-8102E6AB4AF0.jpeg
IMG_5270.jpeg

how much bigger is the Grosso than the Grande?
Grosso is 90 mm in length and 88 grams in weight. Grande is 80 mm length ans 66 gram in weight.
At first I didn`t think I`d like the Grosso because it seemed unconventional compared to the rest of the Fatip razors. However because it`s different and it has a nice weight to it and it is longer in length to the rest of Fatips it adds a nice change of pace shaving with it.

About an hour and a half early, but close enough. I haven't used my Fatip Piccolo open comb probably in two years.

I'm trying to train myself to sleep with a CPAP machine on, and I find the experience better on a freshly shaved face. It looks like I'm back to evening showers and shaves.

Fidgeted around and got more or less even blade exposure on the top cap, using a new Suneko.

Shower
RazoRock synthetic brush
RazoRock "WTP?" Gold Label soap
Alum
Witch hazel
Skin Bracer

Got a nasty nick on a bump on my chin that bled until well after the shave. A few neck weepers. Still, a very close shave. I shouldn't have neglected this razor for so many years. The thing was less than $20 when I bought it, new. Twenty dollars for actual nickel plated brass? When you can spend double that on chromed Zamak?

Top Bottom