What's new

Fatip Friday

That is indeed what it is!
One of my favorite hard soaps!
Lightly mentholated and lathers similarly to MWF but with a very different scent.
@nav, wasn't there a refomulation of this soap awhile back? I remember you really liked the tallow version. The new version is veggie-based, I believe. Can you say how they compare? If you could get the old tallow version, would you rather have that or the newer one? Thanks.

@nav, wasn't there a refomulation of this soap awhile back? I remember you really liked the tallow version. The new version is veggie-based, I believe. Can you say how they compare? If you could get the old tallow version, would you rather have that or the newer one? Thanks.

I'd rather have the tallow version but the veggie is also a great soap and if I didn't have the tallow, I'd happily use the veggie version.

I miss my Slant Saturday shaves with my Fatip. I didn't pack it when I bugged out after Hurricane Ida. (In true B & B fashion, though, I did take a post-war fat-handled Tech and my Merkur Progress, blades, Barbasol and Proraso cream, and my synthetic brush. And several little aftershave sample bottles.)

Fatip Fri 10 SOTD
Soap Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Willy Premium 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Seville Splash
Excellent soap! Nice delicious scent with a creamy and slick lather...
Shave with razor paired with this blade was very good! So smooth and very comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. Unfortunately 2 red dots...
This razor is good, blade is so rigidly held in place, considered mild for me & quite efficient but 1 thing I don't like is the dang blade alignment issue. Aftershaves were awesome!
20210910_094302.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Ulivo Gentile
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (5)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Super Medium
Cream: Proraso Green Super Formula
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)
031_20.jpg

My Edwin Jagger Super Medium may be the perfect badger brush with its small handle and 21mm knot. That's why I used it twice this week! :punk:

Next weeks line up. Fatip Zebrano paired with as yet untried Gillette 7o'Clock Green SS, LEA Menthol, boar brushes, Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash). Note: I've never used creams with boar brushes. I tend to like to keep boars really wet. This could be interesting.

Fatip Friday Shave:

Fatip OC Slant w/ wenge wood handle
LOI Titanium blade (3)
Omega 11137 boar brush
Prep Derma pre-shave cream
RR Santa Maria del Fiore shave soap
Dickinson's witch hazel w/ Pereja limon kolonya
Proraso Green aftershave balm

The razor got a little too aggressive as the handle loosened during the shave! Oops...

9_10_2021 Shave.jpg

Fatip Friday: 10-September-2021

Pre-shave: Warm water shower and Musgo Real Lime Soap
Soap: TOBS Coconut
Brush: Omega Professional Boar
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade Personna Blue (4th use)
Aftershave: WH, Cremo Post Shave Balm, Aqua Velva Ice Sport

8.5/10. Trying to 3017 the TOBS and Cremo Balm, so using those daily until cooler weather comes. My Piccolo needs some adjustment to align the blade, but I've got that down now. Smooth shave with the Personna blade. TOBS lathered up nicely with the Omega brush using the Marco method.

As far as the rating, it's always subjective IMO. For me, no nicks / cuts, no irritation, and smooth on the cheeks and chin with very little stubble on the neck ATG is a great shave. You're expectations may be different. I can sometimes get really smooth on my neck, but most times if I pursue it aggressively, irritation inevitably follows.

Cheers!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
View attachment 1325839

Fatip Friday: 10-September-2021

Pre-shave: Warm water shower and Musgo Real Lime Soap
Soap: TOBS Coconut
Brush: Omega Professional Boar
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade Personna Blue (4th use)
Aftershave: WH, Cremo Post Shave Balm, Aqua Velva Ice Sport

8.5/10. Trying to 3017 the TOBS and Cremo Balm, so using those daily until cooler weather comes. My Piccolo needs some adjustment to align the blade, but I've got that down now. Smooth shave with the Personna blade. TOBS lathered up nicely with the Omega brush using the Marco method.

As far as the rating, it's always subjective IMO. For me, no nicks / cuts, no irritation, and smooth on the cheeks and chin with very little stubble on the neck ATG is a great shave. You're expectations may be different. I can sometimes get really smooth on my neck, but most times if I pursue it aggressively, irritation inevitably follows.

Cheers!
I always say that a bbs on my face and a dfs on my neck is my perfect shave.

proxy.php

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (aka FOCS)
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (Vintage Polish manufacture, circa early 2000s) (7)
Brush: Yaqi Aqua 24mm Tuxedo
Soap: RazoRock Gold Label

Great performances from all aspects of today's shave. My second vintage Polsilver Stainless blade is as smooth as the first, so I expect it will provide comparable shave quality over the long run.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Last edited:
SOTD-FOCS-GT-B_2021-09-10.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/48 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Bignoli Neutro [no fragrance]
Razor: FOCS GT
Blade: Personna Red (3)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

A super shave. :biggrin:

On opening my new Bignoli Neutro today, and sniffing, I could smell absolutely nothing... excellent! I immediately repotted it in a deeper tub ready for this evening's shave.
Come shave time and warm water... there was just a hint of that "baby sick" aroma (that I so love :001_rolle). I forgot about it during the shave so it couldn't have been that strong.
Albeit totally against my religion, I've left the lid off the soap tub to see if some air will kill that little bit of despised aroma.

A couple of hours post-shave now, all I can smell is my all time favorite ASL (Chocolate Orange). Excellent... except those were the last drops I squeezed out of the bottle. It looks like I'll have to get my amateur perfumer's kit out tomorrow and make some more.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Top Bottom