What's new

Fatboy Friday!

Gillette Fatboy / Feather blade
20221022_123026.jpg

I generally don't pay much attention to the myriad of B&B theme threads of what one is supposed to use on a certain day of the week or month but, coincidentally, I picked my 195 last night and loaded in a Bic Chrome which, today, will mark its 4th shave in its 4th razor. I tend to call the 195 by its proper name (the way Gillette referred to it) but I guess "195 Friday!" doesn't roll off the tongue in quite the same way. ;)

4BAE4099-3423-4A02-B7AA-CE8A3A2CACAF.jpeg

Fatboy Friday / Clubman Friday / DecemBoar

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Gillette Adjustable "Fatboy" (1958 D4)
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless (D10)

Soap: Barrister & Mann 42
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegital
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

As you know, I've been on this journey of straight razor shaving, for less than I think, 10 shaves. And up until today I've only been doing with-the-grain passes, excluding the last one or two shaves where I added in an across-the-grain pass (going from the outside in). Well, today my friends I dared to go against-the-grain! Yes, you heard me correct. I pushed into new territory today.

It was fun and actually not that different than any of the other passes. You just have to keep focused and keep a steady hand. 😬

So truth be told, I only went against-the-grain on my neck. I didn't do it on my face. I'll get to it but wanted to leave some fun for the Fatboy seeing as I haven't used one in what feels like a really long time.

I whipped up some absolutely amazing lather with my Omega boar and some, new to me, Barrister & Mann 42 soap. I did this in my lovely Bluff Cove Pottery bowl. The smell of this lather was fantastic. It's definitely floral but is very pleasant and refined. I really pick up on the petunia scent. The scent profile as a whole is just great. I definitely recommend it if you're curious. I don't think you can go wrong with this one but if for some reason you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands. 😉

All in all I did a four-pass shave. Three with the Bengall and one with the Fatboy. This resulted in a beautiful bbs finish. I'm very happy with this shave to say the least.

I then proceeded to top things off with the often controversial and never mistaken Pinaud Lilac Vegital aftershave. What can I say but "The Veg" loves me and I love it.

There you have it gentlemen. Another great shave in the books.

Happy Friday everyone. Enjoy your shaves!

Top Bottom