What's new

Farmer Tan

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ben is The MAN. My favorite person in all of history. He invented kites, electricity & stoves. I think he invented libraries.
If you ever take a multiple choice quiz and don't know the answer and Ben Franklin is one of the choices, pick Ben; you'll be right at least 9 out of ten times
It can probably be said of all the Founders, but without Franklin, the US wouldn't exist.

He'll make it up as he goes along...

When Christian radio host and author Charles Swindoll retired as president of Dallas Theological Seminary in 2008 or thereabouts he was named the seminary's Chancellor, a largely honorific and ceremonial position. When he told his 12 year old grandson about his new job the lad responded "Wasn't Hitler a chancellor, Grandpa?"
Sadly, I'd make a great Chancellor.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Ambassador! What a well deserved honor. I hope with the title comes the customary mid six-figure salary, entourage, book deals, and quarterly board meetings in the tropics.

In all seriousness, you are a gentleman of the highest caliber, and someone who’s advice I greatly respect. Congrats.

FarmerTan

Ambassador! What a well deserved honor. I hope with the title comes the customary mid six-figure salary, entourage, book deals, and quarterly board meetings in the tropics.

In all seriousness, you are a gentleman of the highest caliber, and someone who’s advice I greatly respect. Congrats.
For a man abandoned by Gypsies (my second favorite Peeple Grupe) this is high praise. You must be pretty special if you are too good for them!

For me it's about "what's in it for me?" in the many honors I've received, then my next thought is for the peasants, specifically : what can THEY do for me!

Then, I like Titles! I have an honorary "Lordship" in Scotland from my nephews. Money, gots at least enough until tomorrow morning, that's plenty. Meetings in the Tropics? Nope, I'll give someone else the right to vote as my proxy.

Where the Mods reeled me in was in the (assumed) big book deal and the entourage! Yes, they appealed to my vanity.

Now you know just how valuable all the "advice" is that you have been soaking up from me!

I love this place. I get to rub elbows with some folks on here that I unfortunately wouldn't be able to even 20 years ago. The interwebs are typically filled with whatever you want to find. I'm minding my own business after a nap, seeing how the DEETROIT Lions managed to find another way to lose, and an add pops up with a woman young enough to be my grand daughter dressed in something I'm ashamed to admit I am tempted to "click" on....

And then I come to my Oasis that is B and B.... And I see a man here whom I admire (it's not ALWAYS you, Messygoon!) saying such KINDNESSES about such a VILE wretch as me, and you give me HOPE that I can live up to such high ideals.

I will NEVER live up to the praises I sometimes get on here, but because of my opinion of the general CHARACTER of you Gents it makes me want to STRIVE to be like you.
Thank you my brother.

Not bad for a former psycho nurse 😜

Former farmer?
Former psych! nurse?
Psycho former nurse?
Hairdresser in nurse form?
Do nurses or beauticians or ambassadors even have distinctive tans? Certainly not even tans.

None of this is making any sense. If I write 'nurse' too many times, it doesn't even look like a werd anymore. Does @FarmerTan even look like an ambassador? Maybe like an incredibly handsome actor 'playing' an ambassador. Maybe. I think the mods are playing us.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Former farmer?
Former psych! nurse?
Psycho former nurse?
Do nurses or beauticians or ambassadors even have distinctive tans? Certainly not even tans.

None of this is making any sense. If I write 'nurse' too many times, it doesn't even look like a werd anymore. Does @FarmerTan even look like an ambassador? Maybe like an incredibly handsome actor 'playing' an ambassador. Maybe. I think the mods are playing us.
FarmerTan is really just Ouch's alter ego.

FarmerTan

Former farmer?
Former psych! nurse?
Psycho former nurse?

You are closer to the truth than you would ever believe....!
FarmerTan is really just Ouch's alter ego.
I BELIEVE there is a compliment in there somewhere....

Thanks. Both of you. I think.

FarmerTan

Ya know @Tanuki , I looked amazingly like an Ambassador a week ago Saturday. I even smelled like one, thanks to @sarimento1 . I'll HOPEFULLY put a post with a picture somewhere.

One of the best days of my life.

FarmerTan

OK, I finally sherlocked the reason for this thread. :pipe:

It was to prove the logical proposition that there exists a thread that @FarmerTan cannot hijack. Anything he posts falls completely under the FarmerTan rubric!

Check and mate! Triumph of the Mods!
If there's a way for this one to be "enriched" by me, I WILL find a way my friend....

And I hate to burst yer Michael Buble... But guess who the officiant was?

That's right. Yours truly. And I didn't even have to bribe the bride! It was actually BOTH of them that wanted me to.

And I ONLY ad libbed ONCE, as I recall...

FarmerTan

And why did you think I wanted the photo shot from behind the officiant?

Plus the war department might be in the frame, lurking in the prompter's box and feeding you your lines. :em2300:
Oh, she had veto power, ONLY because she typed it up for me.

So I couldn't go off script too much... She WAS in the front row, ya know...

Top Bottom