What's new

Explain PIF

I have a few soaps I’m willing to give away but not sure exactly how to do it. How do you choose who gets it? Who pays for shipping? What else should I know?

It’s up to you on who pays for shipping. Some people will pay the shipping of their PIF; others make the person they’re giving it to pay for shipping. As far as how you choose; you can post the items you want to pif. Then as people say they’re in, assign them a number. You’ll need a random number generator for this next step on your device (easily downloaded through any App Store). When it comes time to draw a number enter the number range you want to cover. Example 1-50. Once the winning number(s) are drawn contact the winners through either messenger or even B&B inbox to get their address; as well as hammering out the shipping details.

Well, if it is a soap PIF, you might post it in the soap sub-forum. Either you pay shipping, or you can request up front the winner does so. Generally, you pay it.

You can set the terms, i.e., open to left handed veterans with red hair who are social workers. Or CONUS only. Establish when it will end. Indicate what those participating must do, such as submit a pic of their pet, or say "I am in."

The less restrictive, the more participants.

Great suggestions above!

The main thing is that it is YOUR PIF, so you set the rules!

+1

Most PIFs are random, but that isn't the only way. Most entertaining reply. Whoever's Avatar name I think is neat. You can just state that a winner will be selected, and not specify a means. High card wins, ties results in a run-off. First person to respond. etc.

It can be open to red-headed swedes, or brunette Irish. A lot of things are by the honor system, no way to check.

Top Bottom