What's new

Exciting News from Captain’s Choice plus a new product prototype!

Many of you gave us valuable feedback last spring on the free samples of Captain’s Choice bay rum aftershave that we shipped to you. This helped us refine our aftershave formula into what most of you prefer. Today we are able to offer Captain’s Choice due in part to all of the help you provided us. In a like manner, we have been busy and have now developed a new product for you.

Introducing... a bay rum soap that is glycerin based - we will be shipping free bars and seeking feedback. Here is how it works: For every customer that orders a bottle of Captain’s Choice bay rum aftershave they will automatically receive a small sample bar with their order while supplies last. Buy a bottle, get a bar of soap - what a deal! We only ask that in return for the free soap, you let us know what you think of it. Here is a picture of the free sample bar next to a full size bar.

proxy.php

Now for the exciting news that just became official this morning. Captain’s Choice is proud to announce a new business relationship with Merz Apothecary. Our bay rum aftershave is now available at both of their brick and mortar locations in the Chicago area and through their on-line store called Small Flower, here are the links:

http://www.merzapothecary.com/

http://www.smallflower.com/

Here are pictures of the shop as well as Anthony of Merz with the product on the shelf.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

AND IT GETS EVEN BETTER: Captain’s Choice has been selected to attend The Great Shave sponsored by Merz Apothecary on November 10 at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago. We will offer free testings of Captain’s Choice, have small free sample vials of Captain’s Choice for you to take home and be available to answer questions. And if you want to buy a bottle of Captain’s Choice to take home you can purchase from Merz at the event - we will have their shelves fully stocked. Most importantly, we can’t wait to meet some of our customers face to face - we’ll see you there!

Last edited:
Congrats, just ordered a sample yesterday, received a shipping confirmation in 15 minutes. I'm really looking forward to trying it out!

Terrific news, Scott. Congratulations.

I envy the people that will be attending The Great Shave.

EDIT: Sorry, I've been lazy with trying that Bay Rum soap. Will do so asap.

Last edited:
Congrats man! Totally well deserved. I love my bottle of Captain's Choice and I am glad to see it doing so well. Now I have soap to try too. Wish I was in the area for the event, good luck with it!

Well done, Captain! I'm still using the AS I bought from you last spring. It's the wife's favorite. Congratulations and best of luck!

Well, I wasn't going to buy this until after the new year...but a free soap offer just pushed me over the edge!

Ah, thanks John and good point - it is a hand soap.

I have also used a much larger bar of it in the shower. I am burning through a lot of it as I evaluate it.

“Research and Development” has never smelled better!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Congratulations on the Merz partnership!!! I was just coming to the thread to find the web site to order a bottle, as my sample is almost gone, and saw the announcement!!! I'll just wait until Thursday and pick up a bottle at Merz.

Great product!

Top Bottom