What's new

Excited to try some blades!

Thanks to a very generous offer from @cw62803 I got some nice blades to try out in my great grandfather's 1916 single ring. I can't wait to try them out. I started cleaning up the kit, so I figure I'll get to give it a go this weekend. Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

• 20170302_214545.jpg
    20170302_214545.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 29
The generosity around here is awesome! Thanks to a great PIF from @Cksnffr I was introduced to the wide variety of blades to chose from. Now trying to find how deep the rabbit hole goes.

@KeenDogg I am 20 minutes east of Pittsburgh in Murrysville. Just over the boarder into Westmoreland County.

I am very minimalist when it comes to shaving. I only have one cream, wash, brush, etc that I use, so I should be able to get some pretty consistent testing on the blades.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
@KeenDogg I am 20 minutes east of Pittsburgh in Murrysville. Just over the boarder into Westmoreland County.

I am very minimalist when it comes to shaving. I only have one cream, wash, brush, etc that I use, so I should be able to get some pretty consistent testing on the blades.
I believe we talked before! My apologies. How are you doing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I thought so. Maybe in the thread about the actual razor I got. No worries! Doing pretty good, how about yourself?

KeenDogg

I thought so. Maybe in the thread about the actual razor I got. No worries! Doing pretty good, how about yourself?
Doing good! Now, if the school year would just end. I've had enough of my kids bringing home viruses!

Mine are in daycare year round still. This year was bad for them bringing stuff home. I am glad that should hopefully be over soon now that the weather is getting better.

Doing good! Now, if the school year would just end. I've had enough of my kids bringing home viruses!

KeenDogg

Mine are in daycare year round still. This year was bad for them bringing stuff home. I am glad that should hopefully be over soon now that the weather is getting better.
Hopefully! Day care can be a germ fest! Hopefully, it will give them strong immune systems!

Hopefully! Day care can be a germ fest! Hopefully, it will give them strong immune systems!

I have been told my immune system is so strong because I keep so much alcohol in my bloodstream. I rarely get sick. I wouldn't recommend trying that though.

KeenDogg

I have been told my immune system is so strong because I keep so much alcohol in my bloodstream. I rarely get sick. I wouldn't recommend trying that though.
Ha! I was just thinking about "boosting" mine!

Those Gillette Silver Blues are some damn fine blades, my favourites so far. So good in fact I ordered 100 Perma Sharps ... yeah I know there is no logic in that what so ever... but I couldn't find any at the time that were at a reasonable price and the reviews were good on the Perma Sharps and the guy who was selling me a copper shave bowl did me a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about trying those first. I didn't have a chance to clean the razor up this weekend, but it really isn't that bad. I might just throw a blade in there and give it a shot. I can always clean it up later.

Top Bottom