What's new

Evlado Wild Mint and Lime

Elvado is a Canadian M&P soap that doesn't get a lot of mention and that's a huge understatement. I saw it originally on Men Essential's web site but I wasn't so sure about it since I hadn't seen much about it and the ingredient list didn't seem to promising. Being that's a M&P I was also wary since they aren't too well received here in general and my only experience with them before was with CC and I didn't have much success with it.

I found it locally and the shop that sold it promised that they would take it back in exchange for one of their other items and they other products were quite good -- Henri et Victoria, Jack Black and eShave, all of which I like. So I figured I couldn't lose and I did some research on it so I would know what to expect. I became aware that the lather wouldn't be as thick as I was used to with most of my soaps so I wasn't disappointed with the fact that the lather was light but not airy when I lathered up. It was something I have become used to seeing on some good soaps and creams that provide a lot more slickness than cushion such as Xpec and SV.

The scent was very pleasant and not overwhelming with mint. The lather was slightly cooling and the slickness was definitely good and the cushion was comparable to Proraso, so not amazing but adequate and with the slickness it wasn't an issue. Post shave was great as I expected since it contained a good amount of glycerin and shea butter. My skin felt very smooth and moist after the shave and I didn't need it but I used Proraso green splash just for a little extra coolness.

So I've pretty much lost my bias to M&P soap and even decided to give Col Conk another try and I'm glad I did that as well since the last time I used it I just wasn't using enough product and water. Tomorrow I'll give the Col a good shave attempt and see how it goes.

Overall, I would certainly recommend this to someone who is looking for a good summer sent that is slightly cooling and easy to lather with good slickness.

Top Bottom