What's new

Every-Ready 150B restore underway

Thanks! And thanks for all the tips!

I wouldn't have minded a little more weight in the handle to secure the cork...and maybe more. The handle is hollow and light while the knot gets heavy after soaking up some water. It gets top heavy. A little more balance would be good.

Anyway, it performs very well with the Arlington. I'll post one more pic tonight of it post bloom...

Blooming:
proxy.php

I like the result!

Great job FLS! I bet you're proud! You've inspired me to do my first restore soon! I spotted an Ever-Ready cream/red brush in the antique store today but I didn't pull the trigger; they wanted $5.00 for it but I think I'll go back tomorrow and offer them $3.00! I'm such a cheap-skate!

A little update:

After using the brush almost exclusively since setting the knot, I went back to the EJ best I had been using. What a difference in the backbone! The EJ seemed super floppy after using the TGN Best set at that loft. The restore is a better brush all the way around.

Just waiting for the opportunity to do another...

A little update:

After using the brush almost exclusively since setting the knot, I went back to the EJ best I had been using. What a difference in the backbone! The EJ seemed super floppy after using the TGN Best set at that loft. The restore is a better brush all the way around.

Just waiting for the opportunity to do another...

Exactly my impressions as well. The EJ was my 1st brush and my 1st restore with a TGN easily surpassed it.

Top Bottom