What's new

Ever Ready 1924?

Thank you so much for the kind words! The case is just a little wooden box that I bought at Hobby Lobby for $1.99. I just cut a few scraps of wood to frame up the compartments inside, and used a dremel tool with a sanding drum to create the trough for the razor handle. The inside is covered in simple craft felt, which is also sold at Hobby Lobby for 25¢. I covered the outside of the box with medical gauze moistened in wood glue diluted with water to simulate the texture of some of the original cases. A little paint and varnish, and an applied Ever Ready logo inside the lid, and it was finished! I also created a carboard holder for my blades which is made to look like an old Ever Ready razor blade box. It was was an easy project which made an admirable home for such an admirable razor! If I can find a set of the loading instructions that came with the razor that I could copy, my set would be finished. Here are a couple more pics:
$IMAG0585.jpg $IMAG0586-1.jpg

Fellows, is this an Ever-Ready 1924? The head looks the same, but the handle lacks the little grooves or notches along each of the ridges. I'm just wondering if there were slight variances in the handles of the 1924, or perhaps this is a different model altogether?
$$_57.jpg $$_58.jpg

Fellows, is this an Ever-Ready 1924? The head looks the same, but the handle lacks the little grooves or notches along each of the ridges. I'm just wondering if there were slight variances in the handles of the 1924, or perhaps this is a different model altogether?
View attachment 538254 View attachment 538255

That is indeed a 1924. There are several variations in the styling of the handles, along with a number of different cases. Some handles are shorter to fit in a compact travel case. The two types of comb teeth have already been discussed.

In addition, the 1924 uses a standard 10-32 thread on the handle, which is also used by later 1912's, Valet Auto Strops, and others. This means that it is quite possible that you will come across "frankenrazors," that is, a 1924 head combined with a handle from some other razor.

--Bob

Top Bottom