What's new

Ever-Ready 1912 British made?

Had my first shave with it this morning. Got a very good and close shave, that lasted 10 hours (that seems to be the max for me :laugh:), with a blade that was on it 4th shave. So I was wondering, are the British made ones a tad less mild than the US 1912s? The one I have does have a slightly curved top plate.

It still isn't as good as an OCMM! :laugh:

I greatly beg to differ.:closedeye The Gem 1912 is considered by many if not most(who've tried it) to be the best shaving razor ever made and I agree. The OCMM is also a very nice shaving razor.

Last edited:
I greatly beg to differ.:closedeye The Gem 1912 is considered by many if not most(who've tried it) to be the best shaving razor ever made and I agree. The OCMM is also a very nice shaving razor.

I picked one up yesterday and cleaned and polished it last night. After my first shave with it (only second ever SE shave) I must say I concur. Now what am I to do with all these DE's?

I was just joking with Wil, we keep trying to convince the other one to use the "right" razor over a bunch of threads. I love my 1912, but the MMOC is top dog in my SE book. Which is weird because I always hated the more aggressive DEs that I used. I'm just glad to see more SE converts.

I was just joking with Wil, we keep trying to convince the other one to use the "right" razor over a bunch of threads. I love my 1912, but the MMOC is top dog in my SE book. Which is weird because I always hated the more aggressive DEs that I used. I'm just glad to see more SE converts.

You know I am with Mark here. The MMOC is nice, but for me not as good as a 1912. Funny that you go from mild to aggressive, and I go from aggressive to mild. Tho at the end of my DE career I was also able to use my Feather AS- D1. My daily razors back then :laugh: were aggressive ocs, like the Fatip (Joris head) :w00t:

I am gonna agree and say I get a slightly (very slightly) more aggressive shave with my british made 1912 over my Gem Junior. That being said, I love my OCMM too but you new guys to SE shaving have to try a British made ER Streamline or Gem Jewel. I cannot describe the shave. I was getting great shaves from my OCMM and went back to my Streamline a few days ago. I got the best shave of my life. It was unbelievable how smooth it was.

I picked one up yesterday and cleaned and polished it last night. After my first shave with it (only second ever SE shave) I must say I concur. Now what am I to do with all these DE's?

I bet that I have at least 15 1912s in :thumbup:several different varieties.

I sold all of mine by cruising the WTB threads. Took about a week to get rid of all of them!

I was given one of these British 1912s by an old retired barber about 10 years ago and have only just recently (via this site) realised blades for it are still available.

It is now one of my favourite shaves, fantastic!

Top Bottom