What's new

Eucris - WTH is this stuff anyway? A story from my past...

I emailed GFT for a sampler and included of course was Eucris. The sampler sat for a while until I got around to it, but I finally did. I tried the Eau de Quinine. Not bad, but smells kind of powdery and sweet. Not for me. Extract of Limes smelled like heaven for about a half hour then disappeared. Eucris did something weird to me.

I am 53 years old. When I was a kid back in the 60s, my parents took me to a mens clothing store (Joe Siegels in Garfield Heights, OH) every summer just before school started. Many of you may not remember REAL mens' stores where well dressed gentlemen with cloth tapes draped around their necks would measure you, fit your clothes, measure your feet and fit shoes, and do whatever alterations you needed on the premises.

Anyway, Siegels had a display of mens toiletries and Joe would always give me samples. I remember the smell by the display - a mixture of a lot of different things I was too young to pay attention to. But it was a good smell. As soon as I opened that vial of Eucris, I was transported 40+ years into the past and standing in front of that display. I remember Joe in his black slacks with the tailors obligatory chalk dust on them (they marked pant cuff lengths with chalk - another thing you will never see again in these days of zero service, get out the door so I can sell someone else something retailing), white shirt, tie and vest, with yellow cloth tape. It was awesome.

I need to try this stuff! I see a lot of really great reviews of it. Based on some recent postings, It seems like the new Eucris soap is big hit!

Good stuff indeed, definitely a unique scent whether you love it or hate it. I have the soap and the EDT, I like it but only use them occaisonally, I have to be in a certain mood to get into the Eucris vibe. Definitely get a bottle if you liked that sample!

It's not a good daily scent imo. I think it would wear you out in a week. But it should be a must try for B&B fellas.

It smells mature, confident, rich and moneyed. This is what Daddy Warbucks would wear. (Now I wonder how many guys here know Daddy Warbucks?)

Last edited:
I was not a fan of the heavy moss smell to it. Though I am strangely captivated by it. I dont think I like it, but while I still had it I was smelling it all the time, whatever that tells you.

I was not a fan of the heavy moss smell to it. Though I am strangely captivated by it. I dont think I like it, but while I still had it I was smelling it all the time, whatever that tells you.

If you don't love moss, leave this one of your wish list for sure.

Top Bottom