What's new

Eucalyptus soaps?

Are there any eucalyptus hard soaps that you all recommend I try? I don't like creams or menthol currently.
Not surest they there're are know the smell of Eucalyptus as grove by my home as kids had the eucalyptus trees protecting fruit trees from wind. At night you could smell the eucalyptus, very pleasant smell. Side not the oil has some medical uses.

Reactions: Kix
When you say "hard soaps" do you mean triple-milled or are you asking for soaps vs. creams? Proraso Green has eucalyptus in it, but it also has menthol. Both Stirling and Captain's Choice have soaps that use eucalyptus, but they're soft soaps that are not triple-milled.

But I'm no soap expert. Someone else might have better ideas.

2577886908.jpg

Noble Otter - Norther Elixer
Captains Choice - Eucalyptus
Not sure if these are hard soaps or not though.

The Omega shaving soap has eucalyptus without menthol or camphor. Although it says "cream" on the lid, it''s a firm croap like Proraso.

Attachments

• PXL_20230605_183207276.jpg
    PXL_20230605_183207276.jpg
    779.7 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20230605_183228778.jpg
    PXL_20230605_183228778.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 7
It has been years since I've tried it, but recall Stirling Baker Street has a pretty strong eucalyptus accord and was still pretty interesting.

Taconic Shave has a eucalyptus mint soap that I really like.
I'm rather embarrassed to admit that I have had a puck of this soap for probably 2 years and still haven't unwrapped it. I got it as a shrink wrapped puck without a container and never did get a container for it. It smells great though---I could even smell it though the shipping packaging.

In your opinion how does it compare to the standards like Cella and Proraso?

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I can't reply to the Cella, but I actually prefer it over Proraso. The scent is spot on, lathers really nicely for a glycerine based soap and the ingredient list is super clean. Highly recommend you open that puck up.

It has been years since I've tried it, but recall Stirling Baker Street has a pretty strong eucalyptus accord and was still pretty interesting.
I have a sample of the Stirling Baker Street bath soap and I don’t get a eucalyptus scent from it. And speaking of Stirling I’m surprised that nobody has mentioned their eucalyptus mint soap though it’s not a hard soap

I have a sample of the Stirling Baker Street bath soap and I don’t get a eucalyptus scent from it. And speaking of Stirling I’m surprised that nobody has mentioned their eucalyptus mint soap though it’s not a hard soap
Posts #3, #10, & #16 all mention Stirling Eucalyptus... I wouldn't necessarily consider Stirling either a hard or soft soap but its not as soft as some formula's out there from GD, B&M, M&M, and a few others. I'd say its a very firm soap compared to them.

Top Bottom