What's new

ETHOS Grooming Essentials

I contacted Oleo Soapworks and they said that when they were distributing it, it was a collaboration. They also told me that Frank Lipani is the sole manufacturer and vendor, but I cannot find it anywhere. I've read that a lot of people have contacted Frank personally, but I cannot

I think he is working on newer iterations of both the soap and the aftershave. The ones that were sold previously were the ones that were a collaboration with Oleo. Numbers were quite limited.

The next batches, I believe, will not be collaborative, but will be Frank's work alone.

A little patience is likely to be rewarded.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Does anyone know where to find this shave soap? Everything I have read has been fantastic and I also liked how oleo products are good for people with eczema.

The soap reviewed here was a collaboration, and mostly a product of Oleo (I think that's the name). Frank, aka Dragonsbeard, is developing a line of soaps and splashes and such. Exactly when the products will be offered for sale is not something I know about exactly, but it shouldn't be too very long before some (probably a few) become available.

Like you, I'm hot to have 'em.

When I know more I'll certainly not keep it secret. I'm sure others will do the same.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I just received my order today of the new ETHOS line of Shaving Care Products. You won’t see me posting very often on soaps and aftershave because I have Asthma so a lot of artisan soaps bother my skin or trigger my Asthma. I loaded up an almond size dollop of the Pineapple Noir into my CC copper bowl with a plastic scoop provided in the box. This is a very thirsty soap but lathered easily and nearly overflowed my bowl. The scent to me is a 7/10 strength with an initial pineapple scent which then explodes into a wonderful smell that I can’t describe, maybe some Aventus Creed?
Lather was shiny, light and protective with excellent glide and post residual slickness. It left my face feeling very soft without an oily feel. The skin food had the same scent, excellent, and leaves your face feeling smooth, soft but not oily.
The last thing I noticed is it was very easy to clean my gear it rinsed easily out of my brush and razor and didn’t leave that sticky sediment on the blade. Lastly one squirt of the EDP and went straight to my wife for her opinion and got the “You smell great”. Looking forward to trying the rest of the collections.
B398BBF3-5D89-4A84-8970-83088E0FCC92.jpeg

I just received my order today of the new ETHOS line of Shaving Care Products. You won’t see me posting very often on soaps and aftershave because I have Asthma so a lot of artisan soaps bother my skin or trigger my Asthma. I loaded up an almond size dollop of the Pineapple Noir into my CC copper bowl with a plastic scoop provided in the box. This is a very thirsty soap but lathered easily and nearly overflowed my bowl. The scent to me is a 7/10 strength with an initial pineapple scent which then explodes into a wonderful smell that I can’t describe, maybe some Aventus Creed?
Lather was shiny, light and protective with excellent glide and post residual slickness. It left my face feeling very soft without an oily feel. The skin food had the same scent, excellent, and leaves your face feeling smooth, soft but not oily.
The last thing I noticed is it was very easy to clean my gear it rinsed easily out of my brush and razor and didn’t leave that sticky sediment on the blade. Lastly one squirt of the EDP and went straight to my wife for her opinion and got the “You smell great”. Looking forward to trying the rest of the collections.
View attachment 1082686

Great setup and review!

Tonight I tried the Lavender Supreme. If you are a night shaver like me this is the set for you. The scent is so relaxing and the strength is 6/10. I haven’t smelled lavender this good in a soap ever. The closest if memory serves me well would be the original Art of Shaving lavender before it was reformulated. I started tonight with 3/4 almond size scoop and easily lathered enough for a 3 pass shave plus. This version is also thirsty and provides excellent cushion and glide with excellent residual slickness. The skin food also has a wonderful pure lavender scent and is great at leaving my face feel great without that oily feel.
F7CF2A3D-D415-4F97-8A21-4BD58FC890DB.jpeg

Tonight I tried the 3rd new entry in the Ethos line called Clean. It is an unscented soap and skin food. The soap had a very clean mild soap scent and I detected no scent at all with the skin food. The soap again performed marvelously and once again a 3/4 almond scoop lathered into enough soap for a 3 pass shave with enough left over I could have done a couple more passes. @"Dragonsbeard" you have created a marvelous collection IMHO.
F4A8F304-C830-43AB-A5E7-D136853F7938.jpeg

Got to try the ETHOS Melange tonight what an awesome scent, I did not add any extra drops as I wanted to see what it was like. I’d give it a 4/10 which is pretty good for Citrus. Loaded in a bowl and face lathered longer than normal as I was really enjoying the scent. Performance is top notch as I have come expect with ETHOS. Great cushion, slickness and of course post shave feel. The one thing I did notice as compared to my Panna Creama and Sebum is ETHOS rinses off my gear so much easier.
DB53BA2C-B4EF-49FA-BDC5-B8C1290D05E6.jpeg

Got to try the ETHOS Melange tonight what an awesome scent, I did not add any extra drops as I wanted to see what it was like. I’d give it a 4/10 which is pretty good for Citrus. Loaded in a bowl and face lathered longer than normal as I was really enjoying the scent. Performance is top notch as I have come expect with ETHOS. Great cushion, slickness and of course post shave feel. The one thing I did notice as compared to my Panna Creama and Sebum is ETHOS rinses off my gear so much easier. View attachment 1124885
Have a set of Succes arriving early next week, super excited! The samples really got me hooked, it's good stuff.

Edit: I did not know that the Ethos soap thread was relegated to the Clubs & Brotherhoods subsection. I have no interest or ties with the maker except that I consider him a good friend & human being. Just figured I’d write up my take on a product that would be of interest for those looking into a luxurious yet affordable product. Not super cheap but, it’s not super expensive either. A shame as this thread won’t get much exposure for an elite level product and possibly the best one to date......

Finally I got my hands on a set of the recently created Ethos Grooming Essentials products and have been using it nearly exclusively for 2 weeks straight except for a shave or two. I acquired the Ethos Succes Niche Boutique Collection off of the b/s/t in nearly unused condition save for a scoop or two out of the shave soap jar. As has been mentioned in this thread, it is a bit of a trip to acquire as there is no website yet for purchasing outright. But, if one can make contact with the maker who used to be a former member here on the B&B and is as solid an individual as one can find, I find it totally worth the effort and wait to get a hold of Ethos’s products. Hopefully, the website will be up shortly for anyone interested in experiencing one of the finest made shave soaps today.

The Succes soap shave set is a masculine scent that very closely resembles one of the more iconic men’s scents in today’s modern perfumery which is Creed’s Aventus. A bit more pineapple forward but, with the same olfactory infusion of smokiness with citrus, musk and birch like scents that are just beautifully blended. And not just in the soap but, also in the skin food splash & edp fragrance to immerse one in a fantastic masculine aroma from start to finish. I’m a big fan of Creed Aventus and Succes from Ethos gets’ it pretty close to the famed elixir.

Performance wise, this soap has positioned itself as an elite performer in my den and shares the top position with 2 other artisan makers. Protection, glide and slickness are equal if not better to those other two with post shave attributes (from naturally sourced products and ingredients that promote healthy, hydrated & nourished skin) that perhaps surpass them in my short time with the soap thus far. I can say that it has been the cleaner & lighter feeling soap post shave wise without giving me a heavy feel on my skin once I’m done with my shave. My face just feels natural and extremely good to the touch. With some soaps well after the shave one can still feel as though you have something on your face that though not bad, just feels excessive if that makes any sense. No such thing with the Ethos Succes product. Easy to the lather, loves water and rinses super fast from bowl, razor and face. I thought that with some of the great soap makers out there traditional & artisan that we’ve already reached the pinnacle for soap performance and really can’t ask for anything more in our shave soaps on the performance aspect. Yet, another comes along and darn near sets another bar/standard for a quality and luxurious shave product that competes and arguably surpasses the best soap offerings today.

I’m looking forward to acquiring and experiencing other scents and creations from the Ethos house and I have no qualms in suggesting others to trying it out. I believe samples are offered and it would be good to just try out a few. The far majority I believe will find it to be a wonderful product that delivers on all counts for a Man’s shave routine....

8F126906-56D6-4410-A174-6C5A7A91A535.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom