What's new

Espresso Machine (s)

I used it as an example to make a point.

The difference between me and you is that I don´t make points, I defend my position. I don´t make theories about espresso, I drink it. It has nothing to do with ego, mate - you either live or make theories on how to live. I prefer to live. And the advise I gave to the OP is not based on the altitude of the place where coffee beans were collected, and on the pressure in bars, but on the fact that it makes a good cup of coffee. Cheers.

Last edited:
The pods are vacuum sealed to preserve freshness so if you are going from preground coffee in a bag to nespresso the coffee might actually be fresher...it won't compare to fresh ground at home though.

I have a La Pavoni that my brother is lending me. When I learn to ground my Espresso right I'll be happy. :)

I am interested to hear what you think about the machine, once you have the grind and tamping somewhat sorted out.

The La Pavoni lever is capable of making excellent espresso. The learning curve can be a bit of a challenge, but it's a great machine, especially if you like a challenge. I've recently picked up a Gaggia Factory "Tin Man" which is the nattier brother to the La Pavoni Pro and have been very happy with it.

I find I have to grind finer then for my La Peppina spring lever and Mypressi Twist portable espresso machine (a great entry to espresso but missing a steam wand) and you have to watch that the temperature isn't too hot (you can put your portafilter in a cold water or ice bath and lock in to cool the group and/or hold a damp towel to the group and turn off the machine) but once you have a routine down, I think you'll be happy.

I use this liquid crystal temperature strip on the front of the Factory's group to keep an eye on the temperature. The back of your hand works too.

i have just got myself a nespresso machiene and i love it. switch it on while preping brekke for the kids and make a coffee while the laptop warms up. easy, fast and clean. nice cup of strong coffee. i have my moka pot and french press if i fancy a change but i like the nespresso espresso's

Top Bottom