What's new

Erasmic Shaving Cream

For me, I first bought Erazmic with the red screw cap and metal tube (top) . It then changed to a black cap with a smaller font (middle) and different scent. Then it changed to the last picture and a completely different scent, texture etc.

images.jpeg

And finally this tube below
0003369_100-erasmic-lather-shave-cream-75ml6.jpeg

For me, I first bought Erazmic with the red screw cap and metal tube (top) . It then changed to a black cap with a smaller font (middle) and different scent. Then it changed to the last picture and a completely different scent, texture etc.

View attachment 1095796

And finally this tube below
View attachment 1095798

Yes, the first tube is exactly what i really miss! Still have one last tube in stockpile and the main draw really is its unique scent. There is nothing else like it; even outside of shaving creams/ soaps. Someone describing it up top as medicinal with talc perhaps comes close.

If only some of our artisan makers would jump on this with a remake, including an aftershave!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've only used the latest version, and performance wise for me, it beats several more expensive creams including ToBS, T&H, and Cyril Salter. Only St James of London has it beaten from the creams I've used. Scent wise, it's one of those "a little bit of everything" scents, which I believe is what some call a barbershop scent.

I've only used the latest version, and performance wise for me, it beats several more expensive creams including ToBS, T&H, and Cyril Salter. Only St James of London has it beaten from the creams I've used. Scent wise, it's one of those "a little bit of everything" scents, which I believe is what some call a barbershop scent.

Indeed; "little bit of everything". However given how most tend to associate the barbershop scent with something akin to Clubman; with notes of 'powder'/ 'floral' - the original Erasmic most certainly is not. As described further up this thread, there is a medicinal note to it.

In any case, happy to report that the Lea Professional does have some of the Erasmic notes to it, albeit subtle.

For whoever still has the old tube, hold onto it! Really wishing one of the artisans would jump on this!

Call me wired but the original erasmic cream and brylcreem are 2 scents / smells, that just remind me of my childhood homes bathroom. I use brylcreem myself every now and then just for the nostalgia trip.

I received the red top Erasmic in a trade for La Toja, I think. It’s all gone, because it was really good! If I remember, it had lanolin, and I thought it smelled of like a zinc oxide barrier cream. Really unique. Can’t recall another cream that smells similar.

I also got a stick of veggie Erasmic in the deal. A brittle stick which provided a thin, bubbly lather, and remains the worst shaving product I have tried.

I would put in a word in defence of the ‘new’ Erasmic cream. 75ml tube with the black top. Mild scent. I continue to be blown away by the performance of a cream that I can buy in my local branch of Savers in the UK for the princely sum of £1.19!

Have not tried the 'new' Erasmic cream, probably should correct that sometime soon! In any case, am curious as to what it's evolved to.

Have not tried the 'new' Erasmic cream, probably should correct that sometime soon! In any case, am curious as to what it's evolved to.

If you can find it, then give it a go for sure! The thing is it has a very simple and mild ‘soap’ scent which must be very different to the scent of the ‘Jordanian’ one as described by other users.

IMG_20201227_230202.jpg

Only have a full tube and another half (with a bit of cream separation) but am sure going to drag out usage of it as long as possible.
Lol, suppose sometimes the shavepocalypse fears that goes with certain product discontinuation is valid.

Gonna see if the version that is for sale in Jordan market is available anywhere online.

I ordered a tube of this. You guys got me so curious as to how this cream is. Not that I needed another soap of any kind. It was just an excuse to buy myself more shaving supplies. Yea!!!

View attachment 1200501

Only have a full tube and another half (with a bit of cream separation) but am sure going to drag out usage of it as long as possible.
Lol, suppose sometimes the shavepocalypse fears that goes with certain product discontinuation is valid.

Gonna see if the version that is for sale in Jordan market is available anywhere online.

That's the one, man would I like to have just one more tube to appreciate again.

Top Bottom