What's new

Enigma by Roja Dove

Thought this one should have its own post rather than here

Fragrance Samples Discussion Thread

Enigma - a person or thing that is mysterious, puzzling, or difficult to understand.
Today
Roja Dove Enigma Pour Homme
(Creation E)
Info from the Roja Dove Website

“The mystery of the name drove me to create a fragrance that seems to be all things to all people, but itself is certain and assured, whilst creating ambiguity in others.” - Roja Dove.

Enigma Olfactory Description
Bergamot, Geranium, and Neroli are blended with lively Pepper, Ginger, and Cardamom, to create a bright, fresh contrast to a rich, sensual base of Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Benzoin, and Ambergris, which underscore a highly distinctive blend of Tobacco and Cognac, enriched with Rose, Jasmine, and Heliotrope.

Cost
This is the second most expensive thing I have tried. Serge Lutens L'Incendiare is a whopping $600 for a 50ml bottle. I find that absolutely ridiculous. Somehow the $466 for a straight parfum and the EDP at $305 for 50ml does not seem so bad for Enigma.

I tried a small swipe of the sprayer straw yesterday and doing a full wear today. (I got a 2.5ml sample).

Several people say this smells like Cola especially in the opening and it sure does. In fact both my mom and my wife yesterday gave it a smell from separate rooms. They both said it was citrusy and when I asked about cola they both said OMG it does smell like cola. My wife said it somehow smells fizzy even. I get a straight up coke smell and its amazing. It really does smell like a freshly poured cola and it gives you a fizzy impression.

It is a very boozy tobacco and vanilla smell with some spice that I think is the ginger and pepper giving it that cola vibe. It smells complex and simple at the same time.

I have not worn it long enough to know how it performs but I have heard it lasts forever and projects well. It is very unique.

Even if it were cheap I would not wear it everyday. At this cost... I would strongly consider getting a bottle to wear a few times a year. Man its good! He sells a 7.5ml for $50

Thanks for the write up. Creation E is amazing, as are a lot of his other fragrances. Amber Aoud and Puredistance M are favorites of mine. I do think that Roja Dove's prices are a little ridiculous, but perhaps that is just me. I usually get small decants of his fragrances, which suits me fine because I rarely have occasion to wear something this decadent. Glad you like it!

Thanks for the write up. Creation E is amazing, as are a lot of his other fragrances. Amber Aoud and Puredistance M are favorites of mine. I do think that Roja Dove's prices are a little ridiculous, but perhaps that is just me. I usually get small decants of his fragrances, which suits me fine because I rarely have occasion to wear something this decadent. Glad you like it!
It is pricey! I have paid a fair amount for the Dior Leather Oud but that was a HUGE bottle. Many consider Amouage expensive but you can find it for $150 and that is 100ml. It is good but it is a stretch to call it worth it.

Yeah, those Dior Privee bottles are a hefty price, but you are right, when you figure it on a $/ml basis, it is not that much. There are some real gems in that line. I agree with your Amouage assessment also, there is a robust grey market for those, and I definitely take advantage!

Top Bottom